Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Updates

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by puff-m-d, Nov 14, 2016.

1. paulderdash

paulderdash Registered Member

Thanks @mood. Good to know I was not the only one experiencing this. It did come right later, albeit very slow.

I had previously had this issue, and it was to do with a RansomOff certificate, but it was on two machines (different softs) now.

2. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Awesome. I have it running on one no issues. The other it runs, but it slows down web browsing. Cheers!

3. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Registered Member

I am testing the 3.2.version and it is much better now, almost no system impact and bugs, maybe it is a keeper.

4. boredog

boredog Registered Member

If you leave the AE checked, Windows Defender's exploit guard will cause errors in the event viewer. I disabled AE in Malwarebytes for now.

5. Nightwalker

So you are using Windows Fall Creators Update right? Report this to Malwarebytes staff and they will fix it for the final Windows version.

6. boredog

Yes the latest build. Contact support?
    ScreenHunter_84 Sep. 24 15.52.jpg

7. Roberteyewhy

Roberteyewhy Registered Member

Damn not again! Fall Creators is less than a month away. I was planning on a Clean Install.

Hope they get it worked out by then.

Robert

8. Victek

Victek Registered Member

It is normal for software devs to not try to establish compatibility with every beta of the operating system.

9. boredog

Is it still beta? Thread was renamed.

10. Victek

Victek Registered Member

MalwareBytes v3 is not beta, but Windows 10 Fall Creators Update is.

11. Tinstaafl

Tinstaafl Registered Member

I just want to report that since updating to v 3.2.2, I no longer have the Malwarebytes service hanging up in the stopping state. Prior to this after an on-demand scan, if I tried to exit MBAM, the process would hang and not stop completely.

So whatever was causing this seems to have been fixed. :thumb:

I am using MBAM as an on-demand scanner, without the real-time protection.

12. Telos

Telos Registered Member

That's what they would have you believe. But if you spent a week in their forums you would draw a very different conclusion.

13. Buddel

Buddel Registered Member

I've been using Malwarebytes v3 for some time, and I really can't complain. It works as expected, no problems at all.

14. Victek

Victek Registered Member

It's an old story, ie the many people for whom the program works fine have no reason to post, while those who have problems do. I've had no problems at all with the most recent builds of v3.

15. Buddel

Buddel Registered Member

@Victek You are currently using Windows Defender, MBAM and HMP.A. My setup is very similar (with the exception of HMP.A). I have also been toying with the idea of adding HMP.A to my current setup. Are the three apps compatible with one another or do you have to use special settings, so that you can use all three apps at the same time?

16. Victek

Victek Registered Member

There are no conflicts with Windows Defender real time protection enabled plus all HMPA and MBAM features enabled. At first there was an issue with both programs providing exploit protection but this was resolved. See here:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/thr...iscussion-thread.324841/page-513#post-2649863

Note: there may be issues coming with the Fall Creators Update because exploit protection is being added to Windows Defender; they are adding features from EMET and calling it Exploit Guard.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  17. Buddel

Buddel Registered Member

Thank you very much for your informative post, @Victek Maybe I should wait and give this combo a try after the Fall Creators Update

18. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
  19. pling_man

pling_man Registered Member

There have been some improvements to the protection in MBAE beta. We don't know if any of these are in 1.0.207?

20. anon

anon Registered Member

For the record here's a list of changes for the 1.0.207 update:
    Numerous enhancements to detection and remediation
    Improved driver management
    Fixed issue on XP where Firefox would crash when self-protection was enabled
    Closed connection to AWS that did not need to be left open

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/211618-new-cp-10207/?tab=comments#comment-1168139
    --------------------
    As @nikhils mentioned, the fix was released in the latest component package 1.0.207. If you have not received that component update automatically yet, if you have Malwarebytes 3.2.2 installed you can go to Settings > Application > Install Application Updates to get it. (Note: manually checking may not work with versions earlier than 3.2.2 due to upgrade limits enforced on the backend.)
    https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/211618-new-cp-10207/?tab=comments#comment-1168109

21. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Thanks anon. :thumb:

22. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

Yes, thanks anon.

23. Nightwalker

This new version (3.2.2) is very stable in my machine, so far so good.

I have to say that I am impressed by the efficiency of the protection of MBAM 3, it covers the real usage scenario very well (PUP/Ransomware/Macro/Malvertising), imo it is doing better than many traditional antivirus solutions against the modern malware landscape.

In my brief test it did a very good job against forced extensions installations, drive by downloads, malvertising (courtesy of the agressive web protection module) and ofcourse the anti-exploit module did a perfect job against macro threats.

If the anti-ransomware gets better and more refined I would recommend MBAM 3 as a very nice complementary/alternative to antivirus solutions.

https://blog.malwarebytes.com/cybercrime/2016/11/forced-into-installing-a-chrome-extension (ESET is one of the few antivirus solutions that do a good job against this annoying threat)
    https://www.welivesecurity.com/2017/09/14/cryptocurrency-web-mining-union-profit/

24. Circuit

Circuit Registered Member

Your link is different, https://www.malwarebytes.com/privacy/index.html is the one I am referring to.

#1 turn off: " We share your information with Google for analytical purposes."

#2 They are rats : "We may disclose PII to government agencies, law enforcement officials, and private parties as we, in our sole discretion". Sole discretion is the key words here.

#3 They do share with 3rd party: "With few exceptions, we don't share your personal information with a third party." Few is the key word here.

#4 They say: "Our software collects information about your use of the software as well as transfers of information between your computers that run the software and our servers."

Plus every program you have on your computer they analyze, to see if it is pirated software if it is you are shut down. I am totally against pirated software, but for them to make the call is intrusive.

Too much for me.

Edit: The new clean tool ( mb-clean-3.1.0.1031) will still leave a trace, maybe more.

"A prompt with an option to clean up the system will appear:
    • Yes - will proceed with backing up the license key (Malwarebytes 3.x only) and initiating the cleanup process
    • No - will exit the utility"
    So as you see "backing up the license key" is somehow necessary for THEM, not me.

Why 2 different (TSO) links to the same product telling about your no rights?

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
  25. Victek

Victek Registered Member

I can't find a reference to pirated software. Can you be more specific about where it says they analyze every program on your computer, etc?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.