Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Updates

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by puff-m-d, Nov 14, 2016.

1. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

From the posts I've seen on other forums there are definite conflicts. KIS does not play nice with much of anything anymore.

2. boredog

boredog Registered Member

decided to install it in shadow mode and since it didn't require a reboot am looking at it.

"This applies to lifetime licenses as well. The MB3 installer will pick up your MBAM2x license and automatically apply it in MB3. including lifetime licenses."

in my case it added a new lic and didn't pick up my lifetime. does say will renew in 208 days though.

also noticed the rootkit scan in disabled by default. ver 2 had it enabled by default.

3. Marcelo

Marcelo Registered Member

Just tested myself... browsers got slow and the computer became less responsive... Just deactivated all real-time protection once more.

4. Mr.X

Mr.X Registered Member

Oh yes, I need to test real-time protection but the program needs to Activate License... :cautious:

5. Mr.X

Mr.X Registered Member

Request to add Folders and Files from a txt file or manually without browsing the filesystem:

Exclusions.png

Note:
    If I add a non-existent path to Folders or Files, MBAM denies to load the line pointing to the path, bummer.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  6. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Major issue that keeps me from running on my thinkpad. The exploit settings page is to big and not resizable. Thus I can't get to the apply button. Screen resolution is already at max

7. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Maybe this will work: http://www.askvg.com/how-to-move-or-resize-an-off-screen-window-in-windows/

Oh yeah, I had the 366 day issue as well with my MBAE lifetime license. But it was fixed after contacting RubbeR DuckY.

8. Gandalf_The_Grey

Gandalf_The_Grey Registered Member

Thanks @RubbeR DuckY and @ZeroVulnLabs my account page now reads "Never expires" instead of a yearly licence.
    Problem with MBAE lifetime licence solved for me :thumb:

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  9. boredog

boredog Registered Member

10. XIII

XIII Registered Member

I get the same install error when running the update as I had with the initial install.

11. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

To be honest, I think it's probably best to combine SBIE with anti-executable tools, because there is too much risk of conflicts with pure anti-exploit tools like HMPA and MBAE. Perhaps they may eventually work together, but with every upgrade of either tool, this can change again.

12. scootnod

scootnod Registered Member

When will 3.0 be available for purchase my license expires soon..... The website is still selling both Malwarebytes and Anti-exploit.

13. Peter2150

14. ZeroVulnLabs

ZeroVulnLabs Developer (aka "pbust")

Getting all these converted to lifetime asap.

There's still ongoing work on memory optimization.

The Anti-Ransomware component is basically a behavior blocker that specializes on ransomware effects.

The licenses are not transferred. You can still downgrade and use your lifetime in 2x if you want to.

That's wrong, it should be lightning fast. Have you been able to test in other machines? If so, are you seeing the same slow scan times?

15. daman1

daman1 Registered Member

I emailed rubber ducky twice now no reply?

16. ZeroVulnLabs

We will grandfather all our existing customers. So just keep your subscription active and you will get a free upgrade to Malwarebytes 3.0.

Thanks for confirming!!

Marcin has been traveling and caught a real-world bug so he's probably out for the count for the next 24-48 hours. Please hang tight.

17. daman1

daman1 Registered Member

Ok thank you!

18. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Yes I know, but I was talking about a full blown behavior blocker/HIPS, similar to SpyShelter and Comodo. But it would probably only add more bloat, so perhaps it's not the best idea. Or instead you could focus only on stuff like banking trojans and keyloggers. But anyway, you didn't answer my question about the anti-ransom test. MBARW didn't perform well, so you might want to contact the testing organization to figure out what went wrong.

19. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Registered Member

I tried in my main machine and the results werent good (as expected from a beta release); there was a bug in GUI showing that no update was done (checking update doesnt change anything); I tried to reboot and after that the GUI and protection simple didnt load at all.

I will try in a virtual machine later and see if it runs better.

20. haakon

haakon Guest

Noting there is no cloud feature (yet) proclaimed in MB3 I wondered if and why it would need a persistent connection to teh intuhwebz, amazonaws on my system.

After three un-replied posts here, I guess won't be finding out and no one else seems to care. A pm didn't help either.

I have no aversion to such connectivity (e.g. vsserv to bitdefender.net). But unless it's a bug to be fixed or for a good reason the developer would care to define, I can't permit the behavior.

If MBAE is still around in May next year I'll let it auto-renew the license.

Otherwise MBAM, a favorite and licensed for many years, remains unwanted on my systems as it has been for over a year.

MB3 uninstalled. Thanks anyway and good luck. :thumb:

21. ZeroVulnLabs

It's a leftover from the alpha. We are fixing it so it doesn't remain open and only gets established as required. We don't have cloud-based detection in MB3, but do connect to Amazon AWS for telemetry and FP control.

22. Mr.X

Mr.X Registered Member

Shields up yet a notification pop ups saying the opposite...

mb3.png

23. Mr.X

Mr.X Registered Member

:D Nice. Thanks a lot my friend.

24. Peter2150

I have switch to doing all reporting on the MBAM forum. Have the beta on two desktops and it's running great.

25. XIII

XIII Registered Member

Did Malwarebytes publish a direct link to the update?

Since it only installs on my PC in safe mode I need to download the installer myself...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.