Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Updates

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by puff-m-d, Nov 14, 2016.

1. boombastik

boombastik Registered Member

If i uninstall mbytes 3, the problem with the macrium reflect will be ok?

2. JohnBurns

JohnBurns Registered Member

Who knows? They don't seem to get it right even when a change is made. My confidence in MBAM is at an all time low. Version 3 NEVER should have been released as anything but Beta. I am thru doing their Beta testing when I have paid lifetime licenses. I think they should be paying the users at this point for all the user time wasted. :(

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Just disable the anti ransomware module and you should be fine.

4. JohnBurns

Peter, do you think users should have to disable a module to get it working properly and be unsecured for that module?

5. Peter2150

Heck no I don't. I am not installing MB3 until they fix it. The amount of time it has taken to fix can only suggest they really don't know what they are doing. As little as my knowledge of VSS is I had to teach it to them before they figured out there was problem It's probably going on two months in total, and it's been a month or more since they acknowledge the problem on the forum.

6. Roberteyewhy

Roberteyewhy Registered Member

Correct.

Correct.

Nuff said,
    Robert

7. Peter2150

Okay folks I heard back from Becky one of the support folks. I had asked her in tough terms about the VSS issue. She gave me a detailed explaination about why they do it the way the do. Actually made sense to me although it would be tough to repeat. But based on that I am willing to give them time.

8. Roberteyewhy

We are doing their job for them! Make's financial sense. Why, should MB Corporate pay the R&D to isolate all the problems when all they have to do is release it to the public and let the users do the testing. Then submit it to MB (Forum or whatever) and miraculously, they solves the issues. Consequently, sells a RTM ready product-unbeknownst to most of the new purchaser's or existing user's-what the life cycle of MB v3 was.

"Such is Life"

Robert

9. Roberteyewhy

Not espousing diatribe...I am waiting too!

Hope springs eternal,
    Robert

P.S. Malwarebytes, we just want your product to PROTECT our backs; that's why we paid for your software!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  10. Victek

Victek Registered Member

There is really nothing to base this mean spirited opinion on. It is always a judgment call when to change the status of software from beta to "release" and make it generally available. The rule of thumb is don't use "1.0" software if you don't want any problems; wait for the update/bug fix. Why? Because it is invariably the case when software is released that problems surface which were not seen during in-house and beta testing because of the much greater mix of hardware and software in the general public. The belief that software can be completely debugged before release is simply wrong.

11. Roberteyewhy

I am not being "mean spirited." Just the facts! Have you gone on many forums, including MB's own, and see all the problems that v3 introduces?

Did you read my other posts? I am not talking about v1 or v2? I am glad you are not experiencing any issues with v3. Why does v3.0.5 Web Protection work (at least for me and other paid users) yet, v3.0.6 does not?

I have, back in the day, beta tested many products, thus I know when a software is in Beta, RC or RTM stages.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  12. Roberteyewhy

...back in the day, people here and other forums beta tested Tiny Firewall. Now, that was difficult...innovative and way before it's time! That's why it was bought by...well, people know why.

Sorry, back on topic,
    Robert

13. Peter2150

Oh I've seen the problems, and have some of them myself. Sometimes there aren't many options other than walk away. I was really at that point. Then one of the gals who seems a up there on staff reached out to me started actually explaining things and asked for help. With that attitude I am more than willing to pitch in to help. I told her I will keep you all posted, and that I will.

Pete

14. JohnBurns

Thanks, Peter - appreciate it. Sometimes just knowing something is in the works helps relieve tension.

15. Peter2150

I sense some of their people feel the same frustrations. Now that I have contact and know, I can be supportive.

16. clubhouse1

clubhouse1 Registered Member

Perhaps they (MBAM) should consider converting those who have paid for a yearly sub into a lifetime license for the inconvenience of having to install\uninstall\install\uninstall a number of times V3 as a form of compensation.

17. daman1

daman1 Registered Member

Hey I got free licenses from them(testing) heck, no sweat off my back I'll weather out the storm till they get it right. :D:thumb:

18. clubhouse1

clubhouse1 Registered Member

I got a free lifetime license from Zemana (beta testing) and its been plain sailing all along :)

19. Victek

Victek Registered Member

MalwareBytes has offered to refund the cost of licenses to anyone who bought the product and isn't happy with it.

20. guest

guest Guest

The dream. What they'll probably do instead is increase the cost of their product for being so good.

21. Cache

Cache Registered Member

Is anyone running v3 as a free scanner, that is after the 14 day trial has expired? I am still using v2 as a free scanner and notice that v3 claims to be much faster. I was wondering if this was so and how it compared to v2.

I did try v3 when it first came out but had to uninstall for various reason and revert to v2 well before the end of 14 days.

22. Victek

Victek Registered Member

I can confirm that the scans are significantly faster in v3. I haven't done a side by side comparison on the same machine though and can't say exactly how much difference there is between v2 and v3 threat scans. The Hyper scan is lightening fast, but of course isn't available in the free mode.

23. OverDivine

OverDivine Registered Member

uninstalled it. won't use it even for on-demand

24. JohnBurns

I have 3 lifetime paid licenses, clubhouse. I just would like to have a secure feeling about using them.

25. Cache

Cache Registered Member

Thanks for the input.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.