Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Updates

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by puff-m-d, Nov 14, 2016.

1. XIII

XIII Registered Member

Sorry, should have been more clear: I'm not looking for an RSS feed for their blog posts, but specifically for releases of the Windows version of their Malwarebytes product (for consumers).

Similar to how GitHub offers RSS feeds for releases of software.

2. 1PW

1PW Registered Member

Hello @XIII

Please accept my apology for the delayed response while we wait for an authoritative answer.

My memories may be faulty, but the Malwarebytes Forums may have had a RSS feed back in the last decade. I like your idea and I'll be happy to stay with this and relay a definitive answer.

HTH

3. 1PW

1PW Registered Member

Hello @XIII

Please give the beginnings of the Malwarebytes Forums RSS feed a try whose icon may be found near the bottom-right corner of https:forums.malwarebytes.com.

Strictly out of personal curiosity, and if you don't mind, which RSS feed reader are you using for now? I temporarily installed newsboat for macOS as a starter but looking to improve this.

Thank you.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2022
  4. AdvancedSetup

AdvancedSetup Security Expert

I have enabled an RSS Feed for the Product update. However due to limitations of the software we cannot restrict it completely to Updates only but with a filter for the main author Erix the majority of posts should be for program updates only. You can locate it on the bottom right of the main forum.

Thanks

5. XIII

XIII Registered Member

I use & enjoy Reeder 5 on iOS, iPadOS, and macOS.

However, I don’t plan to use a reader for this particular feed. Instead, I run a script that reads several feeds and puts tasks on my todo list for certain entries in those feeds.

Thank you! I will try to experiment with it (later) this week.

6. XIII

XIII Registered Member

Did a quick test.

I see two feeds:

The news feed does not seem to include product updates and the product update feed only seems to contain 4.x updates (4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4, 4.5), but not 4.x.y (or even 4.x.y.z) updates (4.5.4.168 - CU 1.0.1599) or component updates.

I was hoping to get a new feed entry for each version update and each component update, but both don't seem to offer that?

7. 1PW

1PW Registered Member

For BETA testers, Malwarebytes for Windows v4.5.8.191 - CU 1.0.1656 BETA is being pushed.

Announcement: https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/281280-malwarebytes-45-beta/?do=findComment&comment=1510028

The current release version is still v4.5.7.186 - CU 1.0.1645

8. 1PW

1PW Registered Member

9. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/281762-malwarebytes-45/?do=findComment&comment=1511918

10. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Thanks, Krusty! :thumb:

11. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

:thumb: You're welcome Page42!

12. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Just want to note that with the update to version 4.5.8.191 yesterday, the Windows startup setting changed on both of my computers. It was set to not launch at startup and it changed to launch at startup. Posting this as a heads up to other users who may want to review their settings. :)

13. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

That's odd! I didn't have that happen on my two machines. MB still does not start with Windows here.

14. paulderdash

paulderdash Registered Member

Also two machines, I see Security>Windows startup (in background) is indeed now on. I think I would have had this off before, so @Page42 may be right?
    But I run with all real-time protections off, only on demand. I see the service is started, not MWB itself, so that's OK with me.
    Haven't kept tabs on it, so not sure if that's a change.

Edit: I am talking nonsense (as usual), MWB is started. So I have switched off that setting. Thanks for heads up @Page42.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2022
  15. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Glad to help, paulderdash.

16. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

I checked my laptop and sure enough, MB had started with Windows, but it behaves on my desktop PC.

17. XIII

XIII Registered Member

I experienced almost the opposite: MBAM still starts with Windows (as before), but exploit protection is no longer enabled.

18. 1PW

1PW Registered Member

For BETA testers, Malwarebytes for Windows v4.5.9.198 - CU 1.0.1672 BETA is being pushed.

Announcement: https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/281280-malwarebytes-45-beta/?do=findComment&comment=1513438

The current release version is still v4.5.8.191 - CU 1.0.1666

19. 1PW

1PW Registered Member

20. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Same thing just happened with update to version 4.5.9.198. Settings were changed from do not launch at start up to launch at start up.

21. 1PW

1PW Registered Member

Malwarebytes for Windows v4.5.9.198 - CU 1.0.1676 has been released.

Announcement: https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/281762-malwarebytes-45/?do=findComment&comment=1514214
    With the release of this version, a revised 259 MB off-line installed was published as expected. However, an updated 2.3 MB stub installer has also been released.

Thank you.

Last edited: May 7, 2022
  22. 1PW

1PW Registered Member

Hello @Page42

In instances such as this, it likely would be ideal if you originated your own topic in the Malwarebytes for Windows Support Forum sub-forum.

Later, when accompanied by the proper requested logs, either a Malwarebytes Test Engineer or the Forum's Manager can navigate most quickly through the issue you see. If necessary, your topic can be made so the computer's logs are always unseen by the general public. It also eliminates me as an error prone middleman this time. :)

HTH

23. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Yes, it was enabled here on this machine this time too.

24. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

It can't be just two people this is happening to. I'm beginning to suspect it is by design.

25. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

As I noted, I posted this info here "as a heads up to other users who may want to review their settings". I am not seeking assistance, don't want to submit logs, don't want to correspond with a Malwarebytes Test Engineer or the Forum's Manager. And there is definitely zero reason for you to be concerned about being "an error prone middleman". Simply a heads up, that this update changed an important setting. :thumb:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.