Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2 released

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by LagerX, Mar 24, 2014.

1. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

Same here. I had to uninstall version 2 and go back to 1.75.0.1300 to stop the blue screen during a quick scan. MBAMSwissArmy.sys is the bad guy.

Running Win 8.1 Pro 64bit.

2. trott3r

trott3r Registered Member

done so.

Third time not lucky same again. :(

3. RubbeR DuckY

RubbeR DuckY Developer

Thanks, I shot over an e-mail and hopefully we can debug this. We'll trade free shirts for this :).

4. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Hi All, Can the integrated Anti Rootkit feature be disabled from the options in the GUI? Thanks in advance. :)

5. RubbeR DuckY

RubbeR DuckY Developer

Yes, under Settings->Detection and Protection

6. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

the anti-rootkit feature is for ondemand or real time(acces scan)when executed?

7. pling_man

pling_man Registered Member

I haven't been able to get this new version to do anything on a schedule and get any notification. I have done a clean re-install and it still doesn't work.

I have notifications turned on, but they don't appear.

8. ky331

ky331 Registered Member

pling man:

It's a KNOWN ISSUE with 2.0, which hopefully will be fixed in a program update - Notifications for successful updates will not be displayed in the tray even if the option "Show notification after successful update" is enabled for scheduled updates.

See additional issues here (Keep in mind that the "final" 2.0 version made no changes [and so, is identical] to the first "Release Candidate"): https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=143890

9. Baserk

Baserk Registered Member

2.0 installed, roughly over-the-top on a Win8.1 box, settings customized; all real-time settings enabled, scan-specifics set, scan schedule, etc, they hold after reboot.
    MBAM asks to update files and informs about necessary scan. First Threat Scan interrupted after some 30 min. and as a result all is check-marked green and 'good'.
    Would MBAM need to warn about a first interrupted scan or will a user base % go berserk over one more warning/popup?
    Second Hyper scan is fast indeed and ensuing 'Threat Scan' finishes even faster than the first interrupted one.
    Does the Hyper Scan build a whitelist of known good files which benefits other scans?

Then the GUI. Dang. Color explosion. If all is right, you'll never see that tombola of colors again.
    But it's there as the first welcome. As I wrote in the 2.0 Beta thread;
    'MBAM is blue, white, some black, something calm and collected.
    What's with the big exlamation mark and large use of red and green? Nice for the afficionado of brutal complementary colors perhaps but imao, a serious eye sore.
    '
    This still holds imo. I'd also prefer less MBAM-other-stuff advertised/promoted. Other than that, a nice GUI imrovement.
    On Win8.1 the MBAM window will strangely enough occupy more than 50% when snapped right or left, some 55-60%, overlapping the other snapped program a bit.
    RAM usage isn't much different from 1.75 on this machine. Expected and accepted, thanks for not grinding drives indeed. Please ignore the '20MB is sooo much better' hysteria.
    Other than the 'Snap' bug, no issues.

10. BUG: after system restore Malicious Website protection is disabled

Can't be reset with fix now

Can't be reset manually

After un-install Malwarebytes folder is left in programdata

11. ghodgson

ghodgson Registered Member

Come back Quick scan which was fast - 2 minutes, the new Threat scan is like watching paint dry.
    Don't like the ads in the new free version either. Rolled back to 1.75.

12. Dragon1952

Dragon1952 Registered Member

I agree..I went back to 1.7 which i thought was great. My 1.7 scan was about 2 min which about doubled to 5 min in MBAM 2.

13. Seven64

Seven64 Guest

Get rid of that giant circus banner that pops-up! Really over the top.
    Say I just want MB for web-site protection how do I get rid of that banner, without stopping showing blocked web-sites?

14. MikeRepairs

MikeRepairs Registered Member

There is no way to tell if a Premium activated key is lifetime or subscription. Not even when looking at the "My Account" setting on the activated premium program. Why not?

The "My Account" panel also does not even show any mention of a subscription or the expire date? why not?

This is all it shows:
    Identifier: <key id>
    Key: ******
    State: Licensed
    Activated on : 03/26/2015 10:14:10

The word subscription or lifetime does not even exist!

I am a reseller and this will disrupt proper handling of renewals and key activation.

When will this be fixed?

I have been selling hundreds of comsumer lifetime keys for 4 years. And now today I have purchased and installed many subscription keys for my customers.

All show as the same in "My Account" on the program.
    I am also a carbonite reseller and when I activate carbonite, the "My account" window shows it is a Subscription, the activation date, and the expire date.

I am expecting MBAM to do the same or I have no way to tell my customer when it expires or what key type it was activated with, especially later on if the machine comes in and I need to service it..

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  15. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Don't be in a rush. It looks like some bugs need to be resolved, so a delay may be a good thing.

16. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

ah I see thanks

17. Rompin Raider

Rompin Raider Registered Member

jmonge, I did a manual install last week and put in my 1.75 key and it has run slick since...pretty nice arrangement they have with 2.0 but it does slow WSA down just a tad. Nothing serious.....

18. RubbeR DuckY

RubbeR DuckY Developer

Mike, every single item you listed is planned this year (way before your first expiration!)

19. chipo

chipo Registered Member

I had this problem too. So I did a manual update of malware firms and then I could start the web protection.

20. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I am a long-time user of MBAM paid version. I installed 2.0. I do not run it in real-time. I only use MBAM for periodic scans and for right-=click scans.

Problem: MBAM no longer appears on my right-click menu (context menu). Has anyone else encountered this problem?

21. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Hi Bellgamin, long time no see... You have to allow it in Settings/General settings, by default it's not on.

22. siketa

siketa Registered Member

You have to enable this in settings. ;)

23. james246

james246 Registered Member

This new version has a lighter feel on my system, I am not sure what all the under the hood improvements are, but I assume detection of rootkits has improved.
    One small issue - "delay protection start up" if enabled always defaults to 15 seconds on reboot at least on my system, but on the whole I feel this is a great product.

24. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Why delay protection start up?

25. ky331

ky331 Registered Member

Victek,

on some systems, loading of programs/drivers all together at boot-up might cause a problem. For those who experience such a problem after adding MBAM PREMIUM's protection to their startup routine, they can experiment to see if small delays in loading it (15 seconds, 30 seconds, &etc) will resolve the conflict, resulting in a smoother overall bootup.

If you don't have/notice any such conflict [nor obvious slow-down] during bootup, there's no need to invoke MBAM's delay option.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.