Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2 released

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by LagerX, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

My opinion with a deeper look: MBAM v2 has made some good efforts concerning its own security, not only by transfering registry data into a single folder under \programdata. It lost some annoying 3rd-party DLL. v2 is also easyer to integrate due that, i think it registers itself in parts.

ofc its GUI is not perfect now, i had same experiences with Mailwasher Pro up from v7. it needs some optimizing and some less width.

at least your own preferences decide if you like it or not. there is no con and no pro cause you can have both (mbam/mbar) seperated as a powerful combination. from technical view v2 is better.

BTW rootkit signatures are a bit behind, ok? -> v2014.03.27.01
    (some asked me)

2. anon

anon Registered Member

Also here (I confirm that).

The following workaround worked for me:
    Settings > Automated Scheduling = Scan & Update jobs => Both deleted.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  3. Banzi

Banzi Registered Member

Anyone else that went back to v1.75 getting this error as shown in the attachment? For the devs I rebooted after removing v2 of mbam then ran the v2 clean tool & rebooted again & then installed v1.75

Got a notification today saying the database was out of date when it should update every 2 hours, when I tried to check the scheduler settings I get the error as shown in the image.

Attached Files:

4. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Before I upgraded to V2 I made a backup with AX64 that takes incremental snapshots. When I decided to revert to V1.75 I just restored to the previous snapshot. Maybe after you uninstalled V2 something got left behind even though you used the tool.

5. 1PW

1PW Registered Member

Hello Banzi:

For now, this is the most recent thing I could find:

Code:
    https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=135196&hl=%2Bprogram_error_scheduler+%2Bschedulerstart
    Please reply with your status later.

HTH :)

6. 1PW

1PW Registered Member

Employing the MBAM Clean Removal Process is most effective/thorough when first the MBAM 2.00 Advanced Settings > Enable self-protections are unticked, if they were.

If you contemplate falling back to MBAM 1.75, the greatest user safety is had by downloading from File Hippo, but then check that installer file integrity against VirusTotal. ~ VirusTotal Results Removed per Policy ~

As always, keep a separate record of your MBAM license ID & Key.

Then the installs/re-installs are the most successful.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2014
  7. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Same here.

8. DBone

DBone Registered Member

My biggest gripe with 2.0 Pro is that it won't run with real time protection off without nagging me to death. I prefer not to run MBAM 1.75 in real time, but do like to do a flash scan on each boot and a quick scan every night before shut down, and 1.75 allows me to do this without a single issue.

Try that with 2.0 and it will nag me to death, (much like the malware it is suppose to stop/detect) or even worse, it will start itself up automatically (again, much like the malware it's supposed to stop).

I don't understand why it was released in this config?? o_O

9. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

I changed both of the scheduled tasks to execute daily on a specific time, but the Update task was apparently on a hourly repeat, so it indeed looks like the scheduled tasks are invoking the GUI.

10. Banzi

Banzi Registered Member

Thanks for the reply 1PW. I have done full system scan with MBAM & also with BDAV+ 2014 & there is no infection ( I run a tightened up locked down system)

Never had this issue before, it only happened after trying v2 then going back to v1.75 so it looks like v2 messed something up, hope one of the devs can respond.

11. 1PW

1PW Registered Member

Hello Banzi:

Please try one more MBAM Clean Removal Process followed by a re-install.

If that is not successful, I'll PM a Malwarebytes' staffer and request they contact you, or IMO the most desirable would be to open your own thread here.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  12. Banzi

Banzi Registered Member

Hi 1PW,

Tried what you said & this time it seems to be working, uninstalled v1.75 & rebooted but this time I used the mbam clean tool v2.0.2.0 instead of v1 of the clean tool & rebooted when prompted, I can now access the scheduler settings with no error message & set it to check for updates every 2 hours.

It can now be marked as resolved & once again many thanks for your help with this :)

13. 1PW

1PW Registered Member

@Banzi - You are very welcome.

14. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

:cautious:
    Thanks great news. So no more lifetime licences correct?

15. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Someone said in a recent post, that life time PRO licenses will be honored.

16. rpsgc

rpsgc Registered Member

17. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

When this new version will have support for command line?

18. 1PW

1PW Registered Member

In version 2.1 or later. Absolute details before an actual release are usually difficult to determine. The exception is when Marcin posts information.

This is also frequently asked on the Malwarebytes' forum too. Staffers and devs are aware of how critical this is to computer techs and maintainers.

I apologize for not being more helpful to you. :(

19. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Thanks for the info! ;-)

I'll install the previous version and wait until this one has support...

20. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I upgraded to 2.0. Then had problems. Then obtained copy of 1.75 with help from this forum. Decided not to uninstall 2.0 when I read here of the convoluted procedure needed to get rid of 2.0's shards. Ergo, I did not install 1.75. I shall await 2.1. In the meantime I am not loading 2.0.

QUESTION: When 2.1 is issued, & I install it over 2.0, will known issues be resolved?

21. 1PW

1PW Registered Member

Hello bellgamin:

Your second question first: Version 2.1 will likely be an automatic update without need of removal/re-install procedures. The automatic program update feature was enabled 1 to 2 months ago and it tested quite well when in beta. Forum volunteers/helpers have very limited knowledge as to what a new revision contains & fixes.

I would like to extend a warm invitation to you, to open a thread of your own on the Malwarebytes consumer forum if you still have version 2.0 installed and you're experiencing difficulties beyond some of the reported cosmetic issues.

Cheers. :)

22. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

MBAM 2.0 detects as malware several drivers installed by Paragon Hard Disk Manager.

Attached Files:

23. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

24. Charyb

Charyb Registered Member

Thanks for the info.

They didn't fix the General Settings button that doesn't work correctly.

25. JohnBurns

JohnBurns Registered Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.