Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0.X releases

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by AdvancedSetup, Oct 13, 2014.

1. nord1

nord1 Registered Member

Countryboy15,

As the other poster said, I don't have the time to run around on this. As 1.75 works, I'll just keep it for now and wait to see what develops. As far as not having anything not to like, well now... if my time has no value, then maybe. And FWIW, I have contacted the developer, the advice was "try again." I have original invoice, etc. Don't have the time to play. Only reason I'm here is to see if it was an isolated issue or not and if I should revisit v2.xxx any time soon or not.

2. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

It really does come down to time for me. Time is my most valuable commodity these days. To track down 10 invoices, then open tickets for all of the keys is quite time consuming for me. Yet I can roll back to 1.75 in less than 15 minutes on all 10 machines, and be done with the issue until such a time as they resolve it, or I have the time to invest into doing this for each and every key. The time thing is unlikely, and by then HerdProtect will have their Real-Time AV complimentary version released, and I will just switch to that.

3. Countryboy15

Countryboy15 Registered Member

I do not blame either of you for not wanting to fool with it, I just wanted to give some advice on what information may be helpful to give them. I have my own issue with them in the form of the still unresolved IP filter spamming. It sometimes makes me want to go back to 1.75 as well, but I am assuming that it will no longer receive updates or support in another few months, making it useless.

4. nord1

nord1 Registered Member

It's not that I don't want to fool with it, I just don't have the time right now to mess around. I shall reinstall again in a release or two and then try to figure out what is going on with the upsell message.

Good luck with the IP filter stuff.... I don't mess around too much with settings, which is why I end up here where the advice is consistently helpful.

5. Roberteyewhy

Roberteyewhy Registered Member

Used mbam_clean>restart>install latest version. Fixed.

6. Joxx

Joxx Registered Member

I activated the trial of my free copy and the slow boot is still there
    20 seconds of welcome followed by 10 seconds of black screen
    also on second reboot my audio was off

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Auto updates today and no licence issues so far.

8. AdvancedSetup

AdvancedSetup Security Expert

If you need help with licensing, installation, or other issues please open a ticket with our Helpdesk or open a new topic on our forum and we'll do our best to assist you. I visit this site from time to time but I do not hang out here daily and why real support would be quicker from our Helpdesk or Forum.

Those with 1.x lifetime licenses will continue to be honored on the 2.x version. I do not have an exact end date for 1.x but at some point next year the current plan is to disable database updates. For paid users you will need to update to the 2.x version if you wish to continue to use the program. No different than most software - at some point most software reaches a point it is no longer supported.

As for removal of features there was none. The 2.x version is almost all new code and core functionality of 1.x was added to 2.x and the intent is to add other missing features as we go forward. What many of you are not realizing is that the 2.x version is far superior in detection and removal of threats than 1.x is and they're not even close. There are certainly things that can interfere with our program or even prevent it from running but rarely are we not able to get the program working when you actually let us help you by opening a ticket or forum topic.

Thank you

9. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

This is horrible news. I was hoping to continue to use 1.75 for the forseeable future. Now apparently I need to dig up old invoices for a dozen licenses to get them validated. I think it might be easier to sell them, and migrate to Herdprotect when it's AV complimentary realtime engine comes out next month.

10. nord1

nord1 Registered Member

Thanks much for the info.... I am one of those who rolled back to 1.75. Wonder when there will be an incremental release to v.2.0.3.1025, so I can try again.

11. 1PW

1PW Registered Member

Hello nord1:

If your MBAM v1.75 has had "Download and install program update if available" checked all along, and your CDN server has not gotten to you with throttled updates yet, then you may always download the latest stable release (v2.0.3.1025) manually and install on top of v1.75 yourself.

HTH :)

12. nord1

nord1 Registered Member

Thanks, understand that. It was v.2.0.3.1025 that caused me to revert. My question is, is there an incremental update planned to address some of the concerns that have surfaced here.

Thanks for listening.

13. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

I see it has already been reported on the MBAM forums but I thought I'd mention it here too - MBAM has been detecting and quarantining the free version of SUPERAntiSpyware. Hopefully they will fix their definitions soon.

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/ind...anagented-false-positive-in-superantispyware/

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/ind...tining-superantispywareexe-for-trojanagented/

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/159451-mwb-detecting-superantispyware/

I've temporarily excluded MBAM from scanning SAS.

Cheers.

14. AdvancedSetup

Yes it was a FP for SUPERAntiSpyware
    This will be fixed in the next update.

15. AdvancedSetup

No there is not. It is an installer not a database update. It replaces all your previous files and installs the latest version unless something blocks it.

With quite literally millions and millions of installations of the program it works pretty well for most users but if you're computer is having an issue running it then as I've said before
    If you need help with licensing, installation, or other issues please open a ticket with our Helpdesk or open a new topic on our forum and we'll do our best to assist you. I visit this site from time to time but I do not hang out here daily and why real support would be quicker from our Helpdesk or Forum.

I've personally installed WinZip before on over 3,000 computers at the same time and about 15 of those computers failed the installation (but we were able to fix the issues and get WinZip installed on them too) so yes installs do fail even for programs that are not dealing with security. Unless you have something very odd going on I'm sure we can get it working on your system as well if you let us help you.

16. AdvancedSetup

The FP fix for SUPERAntispyware detection is now out.

This has been corrected in database v2014.10.23.09
    Please check for updates and rescan and it should no longer be detected.

Thank you

17. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

:thumb: Thanks for the speedy resolution, AdvancedSetup. :)

18. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Sigh. MBAM has now detected a legitimate file.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
    www.malwarebytes.org

Scan Date: 24/10/2014
    Scan Time: 11:00:00 AM
    Logfile:
    Administrator: Yes

Version: 2.00.3.1025
    Malware Database: v2014.10.23.09
    Rootkit Database: v2014.10.22.01
    License: Premium
    Malware Protection: Enabled
    Malicious Website Protection: Enabled
    Self-protection: Enabled

CPU: x64
    File System: NTFS
    User: David

Scan Type: Threat Scan
    Result: Completed
    Objects Scanned: 308022
    Time Elapsed: 24 min, 44 sec

Memory: Enabled
    Startup: Enabled
    Filesystem: Enabled
    Archives: Enabled
    Rootkits: Enabled
    Heuristics: Enabled
    PUP: Enabled
    PUM: Enabled

Processes: 0
    (No malicious items detected)

Modules: 0

Registry Keys: 0

Registry Values: 0

Registry Data: 0

Folders: 0

Files: 0
    Unknown.Rootkit.Driver, C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\drivers\igdkmd64.sys, No Action By User, [b94630d05411509338d746c9d9468b75],

Physical Sectors: 0

(end)

Could you please check on this for me?

Thanks.

19. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Well, it has a legitimate name. Have you checked it with another antimalware app or uploaded it to a virus checking site to confirm? I have a couple of copies of that file on my system and MBAM doesn't flag them.

20. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Yes, I scanned it with Norton 360 and even manually with MBAM and both were clean. I will try uploading it to virustotal too.

Thanks

Edit: I can't seem to navigate to that file with virustotal but I can with Windows Explorer. :(

Edit 2 : I notice that the right-click "Explorer context menu entry" scan doesn't scan for rootkits.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  21. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

I've also scanned it with SAS and my system with NPE - still no other detections. Currently doing a Full System Scan with Microsoft Safety Scanner.

22. ProTruckDriver

ProTruckDriver Registered Member

I'd report this FP to the MBAM "False Positive" Forum and send a log in.

23. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\drivers\igdkmd64.sys - Intel Graphics Accelerator Driver ;)

24. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Hi ProTruckie,

I've opened a support ticket with them now so I'll see what they say.

Cheers

25. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Yeah, that's what I found too! I'm pretty sure it's a false-positive.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.