Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.60.0.1800 released

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by siljaline, Dec 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

108mb.........

2. exile360

exile360 Registered Member

90MB for me for mbamservice.exe+mbamgui.exe on 7 x64 with 16GB of RAM total.

3. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

44 MB here on Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 32-bit and with what I have installed my machine does not feel sluggish at all.

4. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I sometimes get this get when updating to a new version, and still haven't understood why it happens.

ScreenShot_MBAM_1.60.0.1800_update_01.jpg

ScreenShot_MBAM_1.60.0.1800_update_02.jpg

ScreenShot_MBAM_1.60.0.1800_update_03.jpg

Then, I just copy and paste the set-up exe to the desktop, from C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, and run it from there.

5. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Working flawlessly here. I've actually have it with real time protection enabled along with Avira and no slowdowns or conflicts whatsoever. When I open the GUI it triggers a UAC prompt (no problems with me), but then when I open Avira's GUI there is no UAC prompt, I wonder why.

6. exile360

Looks like it could be a permissions issue on that directory. If you're logged in as an administrator when this happens, then you may need to check the permissions on the folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data.

7. exile360

Avira does not execute its scanner with admin privileges like we do, and I believe they have an option via a button near the top that allows you to execute a scan with administrative privileges.

8. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I have two accounts, one in my name and the administrator. I very rarely need to access the admin for anything. I don't have this problem when I update another well known competitor, SAS. ;)

9. exile360

Not for database updates (but you have to update your database for each user account with SAS), but for program updates you do (it prompts you to do so when you try to install a program update from a non-admin account).

MBAM updates its database for the entire machine, not per-user, so when one user account is updated, all user accounts are updated.

edit: you can also use the Scheduler if using the PRO version, and it will update from any user account (because the scheduler goes through mbamservice.exe, which has the necessary privileges on its own).

10. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.60.0.1800 running very nice here:thumb: :thumb:

11. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Just want to report that when using password protection, I am not able to use KeePass2.17.
    MBAM keeps saying the wrong password is being entered.

12. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Not sure, but are you saying SAS prompts for program update?... I agree, but it then installs, without a problem... See screenshot, for both programs installed in the same directory.

ScreenShot_MBAM_1.60.0.1800_update_04.jpg

13. Solemn

Solemn Registered Member

An interesting update, although it hasn't worked for me so far. I don't quite get it--the installs have been behaving nastily for me. I guess I'm the odd one out here. (this is limited to my older laptop running XP SP3 so far)

Tried an in-program update and also a clean install and had no luck with finalizing the install. Everything appeared fine until the program tried to start itself after installation. Basically nothing would show up and Windows would indicate an error with mbam trying to start (it crashed). Trying to run from my previous shortcuts said that the files were missing! Manually running the program via start menu -> mbam would work. However, it brought up the other issue of it just crashing/failing to launch.

Looks like I'll have to search for some more details on this via their support forums.o_O

EDIT: This seems to be a recurring issue for XP users. For those that are interested/might be affected, refer to this forum post:
    ---http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=103137

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  14. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Don't feel so alone, Solemn.
    As I reported, I had two botched 'over the top' installs on my XP, SP3 machines.
    I just made sure I uninstalled thoroughly after that,
    rebooted a time or two after uninstall,
    ran CCleaner,
    then shut down all other security programs and did the new install.
    Then it worked.
    Not complaining! Just saying.
    I think MBAM is worth the effort, even on the rare occasion when things don't go ultra smooth. :thumb:

15. Solemn

Solemn Registered Member

I would agree as well about it being worthwhile. :) I've noticed the updates have taken a bit more tweaking after moving to the registered version though (I don't use the real-time), and this just caught me off guard.

I've tried my hand at a similar cleaning/reinstall with no luck but it seems others on their support forums have tried the same with no avail. I think I'll wait this one out a bit till it's fixed.

16. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

17. Solemn

Solemn Registered Member

Apologies about that, I put an incorrect link there. Basically there's supposed to be no www. in front of it. However shortly after finding this, there are a few other threads already about the same issue.

18. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

It's good...:thumb: Thanks! :D

19. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Observations of the product update on XP sp3 through internal updater of free version.

First update was just over 5MB, then another over 10MB then it requested to update again after install this time it showed amount in kb's.

Left me with 2 MBAM desktop icons as it didn't reuse the previous icon on placed on my desktop my MBAM at last install.

Did a quick scan and all is working well so far.

20. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  21. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

22. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

my one says mbamgui.exe=7.6mb mbamservice.exe=101.9mb...and I'm on xp sp3 32bit.......I don't understand.......

database update...........

program update........

new version is installed on top of the previous one so it comes with it's own database version ......and it's 12/25/2011.....you must have previously set mbam settings to warn if database is outdated by 3 days....so mbam prompted you to update......

lol....

did you password protect settings ?.............

23. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

Is a svchost process related to MBAM by chance?I'm asking because i noticed that after every update this running process is eating 40-50% CPU for about 5 minutes or so.

24. mrpink

mrpink Registered Member

I get this error
    "Run-time error '383': 'Text' property is read-only"
    A guy who had the same problem with me at your forum solved it when he downloaded the new greek language file. Where can i find it myself?

25. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

It is set for 7 days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.