Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ZeroVulnLabs, Oct 15, 2013.

1. ZeroVulnLabs

ZeroVulnLabs Developer (aka "pbust")

Did you get an alert from MBAE? If you didn't it might likely be due to some other issue.

Can you please send me your MBAE logs to see if there's any indications of conflicts between both?

2. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

This is not recommended, you should only protect apps that are likely to be attacked.

This sounds a bit weird. Perhaps Zemana and/or Webroot caused this?

3. Dragon1952

Dragon1952 Registered Member

I did not get any alerts from MBAE. I don't know how to grab the logs in order to send them.

4. ZeroVulnLabs

ZeroVulnLabs Developer (aka "pbust")

Simply zip the contents of C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit and send me the zip archive.

5. Dragon1952

That is beyond my pay grade to zip that. I am just playing around and don't know much about computers..

6. TomAZ

TomAZ Registered Member

Some examples other than the Shields that are already includedo_O

7. Here is a weird reason to buy MBAE premium: wait a few days before updating Windows on Patch Tuesday. After the problems are solved, update without borking your system, in the mean time: MBAE protects. After KB3004394 I have changed Windows update from automatic to manual.

8. 142395

142395 Guest

If you really want to protect Zemana, I recommend EMET.
    What mitigation you should disable for Zemana on EMET is already known, see https://social.technet.microsoft.co...a0edd1857875/application-compatibility-issues

Zemana has history of several vulnerabilities, but I like it. Maybe other vendor just don't disclose such vulnerability history.

However, as some member already said, there's not much benefit to protect Zemana.
    So unless you understand what you are doing and what it means, it's not recommended.

9. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Good idea, but also true with HMPA Appguard, SBIE, and EMET to name a few.

10. True but this is an MBAE thread.

HPMA is not out of Beta and HPMA's DLL-loading increases browser start time to much.MBAE is the only one with real world tests published (on their website and by third party test institutes), also MBAE has a free version with Anti-Exploit while HPMA has not.

Emet is also free but the real world tests of EMET show it can be bypassed. Also EMET is from M$, the company which caused the problem in the first place. So not the company I had top of mind for recommendation at the moment.

Reason for patching is Exploit protection, Appguard and SBIE increase security but are not designed specifically for Exploit protection

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2014
  11. Peter2150

Your correct about the thread, but I felt your post was a bit misleading, in that to me it implied MBAE was the only software that could protect you till you update.

Pete

12. @Peter2150

Where or how did I imply that MBAE is the only one offering this. I can't find anything relating to that in my post.

Since I am not native English I am puzzled and confused what made you feel I implied that, so please explain

13. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

As for unreliable updates you can make it automated on Mondays only. So you give MS 7 days to fix and no trouble in manual updates.

14. Peter2150

See PM

15. DX2

DX2 Guest

When I add a shield for outlook, should it be for browser or office?

16. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hello DX2,

When adding a custom shield for my email client, which profile should I use?
    HTH...

17. DX2

DX2 Guest

18. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hello DX2,

You are most welcome ;) ...

19. Dragon1952

I just took the Shield off of Zemana. It might have done more bad than good for Zemana.

20. TomAZ

TomAZ Registered Member

I have several programs that I'd like to Shield, but I'm not really sure which profile to use. Are there any guidelines to help determine what would be most appropriate?

21. CoolWebSearch

CoolWebSearch Registered Member

Tom, did you solve the issue between MBAE and Sandboxie/sandboxed web-browsers, does MBAE now protect sandboxed web-browsers?

22. aigle

aigle Registered Member

How to set it to automatically install on a fixed day? Thanks

23. Clever, M$ installs only once a month, so setting it on weekly monday, should give them some time to straighten up things

@aigle see pic

Attached Files:

24. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Thanks Kees! Seems the option to chose a fixed date is omitted from windows 8.1. You can only choose a time but not the day.

25. TomAZ

TomAZ Registered Member

No, it doesn't work for my on Win XP 32bit. Apparently there's a problem injecting the 32bit dll on 32bit machines, but the 32bit dll will inject properly on a 64bit machine (at least that's what I've heard).:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.