Malware detection question

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by axial, Jun 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. axial

axial Registered Member

Question: are malware detection databases for the major commercial vendors basically the same whether an offending sample is submitted via, say, online via VirusTotal or Jotti vs. submitted from a licensed personal desktop PC vs. through a business (corporate) licensed desktop (assuming that all licenses and updates are current)?

Please note my question is not about bleeding edge newest threat detection, but rather just run-of-the-mill AV detection.

In other words, if one submitted a suspect file to the same vendor three different ways, it would seem that all 3 ways should produce the same result for any given file. Is that the case in your experience?

2. Noob

Noob Registered Member

No really an answer but i guess yes they should be the same signatures, although i've seen many corporate products using different engines and sometimes even older engines than their home user versions. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.