Malformed mails

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 1 Forum' started by JacK, Nov 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JacK

JacK Registered Member

http://www.virusbtn.com/magazine/archives/200211/malformed.xml
    Many methods by which a content scanner can be bypassed were published, yet still many security programs were unable to find attachments in messages whose formatting was a little out of the ordinary.

VB and A.Marx (Magdebrug University) working together, that's rather a good news :)

What about testing NOD32 by Magdebrug University ? I had been told that ESET would let test NOD32 by Andreas about 6/7 months
    ago. Did ESET dropped the idea ? I know contact were made.

IMHO http://www.av-test.org/ is the more complete independant and unbiased AV test which publish full results.

I keep on not understanding why ESET does not submit its excellent product to Andreas.

Rgds,

2. JacK

JacK Registered Member

Hi ;)

I just got a post from Andreas :

The test is scheduled in about 2-3 weeks and will be performed for the German "Trojaner-Info.de" web page (it will actually only about Trojan Horses, Backdoors etc.) It is included in another review which is currently performed for a magazine (I don't know if these results will be publically available).

Early next year starts a bigger comparative test of av
    software on six different Windows platforms. And again, Andreas is going to test NOD32 !

Professiat ESET Team :D

Cheers

3. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Indeed Thomas site is focussed on trojans first and foremost - thus the tests performed have been - and will be focussed on trojan/backdoors - leaving ITW viruses aside.

Looking forward to that one!

regards.

paul

4. JacK

JacK Registered Member

I am eager too, hoping sinds one year :) Nice present from ESET :)

Cheers,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.