Making Vista visible to Acronis OS Selector: A Simpler Solution

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by nuljet, Sep 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidlhickman

davidlhickman Registered Member

The original post says to create the text file with Notepad. Then place in the C directory. So boot.ini is then a Notepad file, right?

I am having what appears to be a common problem; OSS cannot see Vista (HP preinstalled). Since that is the only OS OSS won't uninstall and it has changed the MBR. For a newbie that was a bit scary. I restored the MRB with a TI restore operation which got me up and running, but a bit unnerved. I restored only the MBR so it took only a second. Then Vista would boot.

Acronis Support told me to insstall SnapAPI and I've done that but haven't tried OSS since doing that. Does anyone know what SnapAPI does? Will this fix the problem or do I still need the cheat descried here?

I backep up an image from my old XP computer and restored it to a primary partition. I'm not too worried about drivers because I hooked up the old IDE drive and it worked fine. So will I be able to boot ot that OS?

Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.