Making the ESET SysRescue CD

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by scams, Mar 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scams

scams Registered Member

Last night I installed ESET NOD32 Ver 4 over Ver 3 on my computer and so far, no problems!! I have a Dell 8200 computer with windows XP Pro SP3, ZAP, BoClean, and SpywareBlaster installed.

When attempting to make the ESET SysRescue CD, a dialog box came up indicating that my computer needed windows AIK build 6001 or newer. Last week, in reading this forum, someone gave the MS URL (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=932716) for the windows AIK. I visited that web site and it only shows a download for windows XP SP2. Have I missed the correct web site??

Questions: (1) Is the install of windows AIK generally without any problems or should I be aware of any cautions? (2) Are there any cautions to be concerned about in make the ESET SysRescue CD? (3) If I understand it correctly, once the computer is booted up, current virus definitions from the internet can be obtained for the ESET SysRescue program? If so, how can I assure that the ESET SysResuce can access the internet once it boots up the computer? (4) After making the ESET SysRescue CD, I would like to try it to make sure it works. Any cautions in doing this check? Sorry for the newbie questions. Thanks, Sam.

2. STRYDER

STRYDER Registered Member

3. scams

scams Registered Member

Stryder, many thanks for the URL. What a surprise, the download is almost one GB!! I think I will pass on the ESET SysRescue CD. Have a good week, Sam.

4. trencan

trencan Eset Staff

5. scams

scams Registered Member

Trencan, very much appreciate the correct URL as I had decided to go ahead and download the windows AIK for use. Have a good week, Sam.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.