Making LnS Free a complete firewall again?

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by poirot, Oct 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poirot

poirot Registered Member

I am a Sygate user who's decided to go LnS: i have been reading and watching about LnS and i got the impression that when you dont pay at the end of the 30 days trial you end up with a sort of more recent Kerio 2.1.5, no application filtering anymore.
    What i was thinking is: why not using the likes of Antihook and Winsonar in order to fend off the threat of losing such a feature?
    Antihook can take care of any .dlls and Winsonar of any .exe, practically (perhaps) doing the job Look n Stop does when fully fledged. And much more.
    And they are free and very,very light in resources.....
    In about 3-4 days i'll download LnS and try this solution myself,but i was wondering what current users of LnS might think about that and about the validity of LnS in its free, applicationless version: is it still a stealthy fortress ?

2. MickeyTheMan

MickeyTheMan Security Expert

LNS is still a worthy app even without application filtering.
    However a firewall is only your first line of defense and other apps like the ones you mention and others are needed for a complete defense

3. abhi_mittal

abhi_mittal Registered Member

But without application filtering, wouldnt LnS become something like a WinXP SP2 Firewall?
    What all features would remain intact after the trial period?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.