Making image over the network

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Jabir, Apr 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jabir

Jabir Registered Member

Hello everybody ik am from the netherlands so my english is poor.

ik have a question. Ik have a Server with windows 2000 server on it. On the server i have an active directory. I also have another workstation. that i put in the active directory. Now main question is how kan i make an image from the server of the workstation in then network. Wich software version of acronis do i need.? Can id try this with the trial because if it works . I like to buythe full version.

I hope someone understand what i typed down, and i hope that someone can helpme.

bye..:)

2. Jabir

Jabir Registered Member

Does nobody how to do something like this...??:oops:

3. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

If I understand, you want to make an image of a workstation without going to the workstation to run the software or installing TrueImage on the workstation. Is that correct?

As far as I know, no version of TrueImage can make an image of a remote computer, but I haven't used server versions.

4. Jabir

Jabir Registered Member

yes there must be software installed on the workstation whitout it wont work. but after the software is installed on the workstation is it than possible ?

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Jabir,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Please note that for this purposes you can use Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server for Windows. With this software you will be able to back up your server and also remotely back up the workstation via network.

You can download Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server for Windows trial version here in order to check how the product works. The limitations of the trial version is that you can only restore an image when you run the program from the bootable media. It is fully functional in Windows. The trial version evaluation period is 15 days.

Please read more information on how to use Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server for Windows in the respective User's Guide.

If you would like to order your software before the trial period ends, please visit the Acronis online store or contact sales@acronis.com.

Please be aware that according to Acronis software licensing policy, you should purchase one copy of Acronis program per every computer where it will be used. It your case you will need one license of Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server for Windows and one license of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

6. Jabir

Jabir Registered Member

Helloo thnx for you're anwer. I cant open the user guides?? But what you say that it is possibel to make an image of a workstation frommain server.? It must be something like norton ghost 8.0 i didnt know how to use that program so i wanted to try it here.

7. Acronis Support

Hello Jabir,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Using Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server you will be able to create an image of the workstation from the server. However, please be aware that according to Acronis software licensing policy, you should purchase one copy of Acronis program per every computer where it will be used. So you should also purchase Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation on your workstation.

You can download Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server User's Guide at http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/download/docs/

Please visit Acronis online store to purchase the products.

Please also note that we have a flexible system of discounts and the amount of the discount varies depending on the number of copies you want to purchase.

In case you are planning to purchase many copies, please contact our Sales Team at sales@acronis.com.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

8. Jabir

Jabir Registered Member

Alright thnk you for youré answer i wil try it out. I keep you up to dat over the situation.:)

9. Jabir

Jabir Registered Member

heey everbody ik did the next.

I made an backup of the workstation with TI and choose the location where to store the backup. I let the backup store his self in de server. Then i tryed to restore the image wit TI. He told me that i cant restore te image because some applications where busy so it was recommend to restart my pc. i did thet then before windows starded. There was started a n application of acronis. It gave me a possibilty to restore image whit windows was starded. But when it tel me where to get the image i try to open 'computer near me' but it keep slookin al the time but it does vind the server/domain. I have set the ip dns and everything is just fine but he doen not find the domain ??

10. Acronis Support

Hello Jabir,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

If at least one computer is visible in "Computers near me", then try to specify the full UNC path to the desired computer in "file name" edit box, e.g. \\server\share.

If no computers are visible on the network, but the "Computers near me" icon is found in "My Computer" on the Image Archive Selection screen, then please ensure that a DHCP server is running on your network. If you don't use a DHCP server, then please ensure that network settings accessible via Options item in the Tools menu are correct. Please take a look at this FAQ article.

If the problem still persists, please do the following:

- Boot the computer from Bootable Rescue CD created and press F11 key when the selection screen appears;

- After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word, click on the OK button, choose "Full Version" and wait for # prompt to appear;

- Issue the following commands:

asamba dhcp -n
    asamba masters

- Write down the output after each of the commands or use a digital camera to make a shots of the output screens;

- Insert a diskette in a floppy disk drive and issue the following commands;

cd tmp
    mkdir mntdir
    mount /devfs/floppy/0 mntdir
    cat /proc/net/dev > mntdir/net.txt
    sysinfo > mntdir/sysinfo.txt
    umount mntdir

- Collect the net.txt and sysinfo.txt files from the diskette.

Please note that sometimes the sysinfo.txt and net.txt files are not readable from under Windows. In this case please try entering the file names using capital letters (SYSINFO.TXT, NET.TXT) or follow the instructions provided in this previous post.

If you do not have a floppy drive then please also take a look at this previous post explaining how to save the sysinfo.txt file to USB flash drive.

Please submit a request for technical support using Ask a question before you purchase Acronis software link. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.