Make a firewall ask internet permission for every application?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by fandezik, May 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fandezik

fandezik Registered Member

Hi,

I would like to have something configured with a firewall, and I think it's possible.
    I installed my computer a whole time ago, and what I want to achieve with a firewall is, that he asks my permission before connecting to internet for every application.
    What's happening now, for example: I installed comodo firewall and msn messenger, and without asking my permission, msn messenger is listed in the Network Security Policy as "Trusted Application" in comodo.

Does anyone have an idea how to force comodo or another firewall to ask internet connection before connecting to EVERY applications?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad English :)

2. 3xist

3xist Guest

That's because MSN Messenger is a Trusted Application from Microsoft, Hence it is on the whitelist and you will not get Alerted about it.

If you want to get Alerted for every Trusted Application (Which isn't really recommended because it's for usability purposes to reduce pop ups), What you can do is in the Firewall Behavior Settings select "Custom Policy Mode" And in Defense+ Advanced Settings don't trust applications that are digitally signed.

But I really don't recommend you doing that, The defaults and trusting white listed applications are for user experience purposes to deal with less pop ups.

Cheers,
    Josh

3. cqpreson

cqpreson Registered Member

MSN comes from Microsoft,it has Microsoft's digital signature.So comodo regards it as Trust Application.

4. fandezik

fandezik Registered Member

I've tried it till now and I think it's ok
    Thanks!

5. arran

arran Registered Member

That said it is still better to properly configure msn's connections. I believe it does send out stuff that doesn't need to be sent out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.