make a bootable TI CD/DVD with image file included ?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bigg1, Feb 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigg1

bigg1 Registered Member

Hi,

I want to have my images on a bootable CD or DVD, so that nothing else is needed to restore them.
    As TI can't seem to be able to do this, I tried myself - with an app named UltraISO, I created an ISO image of the TI boot CD (created with the rescue media builder tool). Then I added an image file to the ISO, and burned it with EasyCD 6.

The problem is the newly created CD or DVD does not work - it reports an error shortly after the boot process starts, and that's all.
    In fact I can't make a copy of the TI boot CD, even if I do not add new files - the copies always fail to boot.
    Could you please suggest what programs with what settings to use to create a bootable TI disk with an image file included ?

Thanks.

2. como

como Registered Member

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello como,

Currently we are preparing the User's Guide concerning this particular question: "How to create the bootable DVD and store the images there as well?" We cannot make the thread you mentioned sticky because it is too long and needs to be checked (even though many people used it on their computers). The detailed User's Guide will be released soon. When it happens it will be announced on this forum and on our site http://www.acronis.com as well.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. como

como Registered Member

Hello Ilya

Thank you for the reply, it sounds a good idea although it seems that a number of posters to this forum haven’t bothered reading the User Guide

I am not familiar with forum sticky rules but the thread I referred to has 63 posts and the Sticky “Wish – list thread has 105

5. Acronis Support

Hello como,

Of course the length of the thread is not the main reason why we can or cannot make the thread sticky. In this particular case the most important thing is that we cannot give a solution until we check it in our Testing Lab. However the User's Guide will be ready soon and there will be no need in such sticky thread anyway.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

6. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Ilya,

In September last year I contacted LowWaterMark (forum Administrator), suggesting that the thread be turned into a Sticky. His proposal for an alternative solution is included in the thread although it hasn't yet been actioned.

I was seriously considering consolidating my update to wdormann's original procedure, along with subsequent feedback/additions, into a new thread. However, your intention to include instructions in the User's Guide is an excellent idea and probably negates the need for me to carry out the consolidation.

Please feel free to PM me if you think I can be of any assistance in this matter.

Kind regards
    Tom

7. Acronis Support

Hello Tom,

Thank you for the willing to help us. The bootable DVD creation manual will be either implemented into the User's Guide or uploaded to our site as a separate (free, of course) document.

I will take into account your readiness to help us. We do appreciate it.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.