Make a batch file to scan

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Gaston, Jun 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaston

Gaston Registered Member

Hi,I'm a Newbie
    My os is Windows xp sp3.i have Eset Smart Security v.3.0.657.0....It is possible to run a smart scan on a batch file to scan only drive c:\which is my os drive.....if yes,please write me the command lines i should use....Thanks

2. Kosak

Kosak Registered Member

Hi!

When you choose Computer scan => Custom scan, you can set up targets and all preferences of scan.

3. Gaston

Gaston Registered Member

yes i know, at night when the computer is on sleep the sheduled scan from the program doesn't work, you have to run your scan on a batch file.In my first post i ask if somebody can write me down some command lines for a smart scan and only for the c: drive.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You can schedule a scan task in Scheduler. Just switch to Advanced mode and you'll fin it in the Tools section of the main menu.

5. Gaston

Gaston Registered Member

Last edited: Jun 20, 2008
  6. GAN

GAN Registered Member

Here is some examples of batchfiles....

For nod32:
    Code:
    @echo off
    "C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\ecls.exe" C:\ /base-dir="C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus" /aind /files /no-boots /arch /mail /sfx /rtp /adware /unsafe /unwanted /pattern /heur /adv-heur /action=clean /quarantine /no-log-all
    pause
    exit

For ESS
    Code:
    @echo off
    "C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\ecls.exe" C:\ /base-dir="C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security" /aind /files /no-boots /arch /mail /sfx /rtp /adware /unsafe /unwanted /pattern /heur /adv-heur /action=clean /quarantine /no-log-all
    pause
    exit

What parameters to use you have to find out what you prefer. You can read more about the parameters using ESS help and search for "Command line". If using Windows Vista and you see the message "WARNING! The scanner was run in the account of a limited user!" you have to run the batchfile as an administrator which can be done using command line or rightclick "Run as administrator".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.