Major Truecrypt Problem!

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Kribe, May 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kribe

Kribe Registered Member

Hello all, newly registered here. Have registered before, early 2005, but don't recall the details at all since I move around the globe too often with different systems to use I lose track, sorry. :(

A friend staying with me built 3 new systems for me and I tried to move some very important old encrypted data over, 23GB worth.. I use Truecrypt, for its many benefits but just before moving tried to test the data files created that one can mount as a volume/partition to access.

Tried Truecrypt 4.3 and 5.1a

Well whadyaknow, every single one of the files gives my systems an instant crash! :(

I then tried some more of these files on other drives using my main system -- same result.

I need these so desperately. Can anyone help me with this please?

There is no BSOD etc, it just restarts my system instant. I don't have any system instability/error whatsoever, it was folding all last week the friend said.

Other details (all stock):
    AMD Phenom X4 9850 BE 2.5GHz
    MSI K9A2 Platinum (tried Abit AX78 before)
    2x 1GB Corsair 800 4-4-4-12-15
    4x 80GB WD and 1x 250GB WD
    Windows XP Professional SP3
    Gigabyte Odin GT 550W

Thank you for any help.
    Alina

EDIT1
    I just gave it another whirl but managed to save a crash dump. Repeated it three times.
    Looking through the dump analysis, this is what is being shown as the problem: Probably caused by : ifsmount.sys ( ifsmount+9b1f )

I had TC working perfectly a little while ago. That above driver is from Ex2 IFS For Windows, the file system driver for the Ext2 file system I recently installed to be able to access my Linux drives in Windows. That's what my friend said anyway, have to ask him more when he gets back home.

I suppose I've part solved my problem already. Still help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited: May 14, 2008
  2. Kribe

Kribe Registered Member

It's fixed! The above was the problem thankfully.

Thank you anyway.
    Alina

3. KookyMan

KookyMan Registered Member

Join the TC Forums, when they come back online.

ExIFS drivers are a known problem with TC v5.0+, but its the ExIFS drivers not TrueCrypt. I thought ExIFS Would have had it fixed by now, but they said months ago they are working on it.

4. Kribe

Kribe Registered Member

Hi

The scope of my problem is resolved and so I don't feel the need to join another forum especially since it requires my private mailing, which I'm not willing to give out for minor reasons.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.