Major problem on reboot, please help!

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by qc_slither, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qc_slither

qc_slither Registered Member

Brand new PC, Windows Vista. I downloaded & installed Acronis DD Suite 10.0 in order to create a new partition from the C:Drive.

I created the partition in DD Suite and the rebooted as instructed. Upon reboot, I see the welcome screen, but then it goes to full black screen with a blinking cursor in the upper left-hand corner. The PC stays in this state indefinitely.

Any ideas of what I should do? Boot in safe mode (does that even exist for Vista?)... any other suggestions?

I would hate to re-install Vista now. I've work hard to get it up and running and feel that in only 10 minutes, I've killed the whole machine.

I just feel there is a simple solution to this problem.

Is there any advice you can offer?

Thanks so much in advance.

2. davidlhickman

davidlhickman Registered Member

I got stuck when I installed OSS and started that. It didn't see Vista (OEM) and then it wouldn't let me deactivate because it didn't see an OS. If I closed out DD the machine shut down. On restart I got DD. Could not get to Vista. I had TI and just restored the MBR. You boot from the TI boot disc that you make with media builder and then do a restore and restore only the MBR. If you don't have TI try your OS disc (and get TI). It should offer you repair as an alternative. Hit that and you should be OK. If you have recovery discs for an OEM machine you can see if those contain the repair option. HP has a way of going into recovery mode through the BIOS (F8 on boot) and doing a startup repair. I don't understand how but those are the instructions HP gives. Check you OEM site for advice.

Good luck.

I'm a newbie and that experience was frankly a bit unnerving.

Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.