Major Problem...Need Help

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by jacintal72, Dec 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacintal72

jacintal72 Registered Member

If anyone can help me, I'd really appreciate it. This is my problem:
    I had Spyware Warrior, ZoneAlarm, Hijack This and Spyware Guard installed on my computer after my last problem with spyware/malware.
    However, about 2 weeks ago, my computer started to act funny again. So I ran the programs and there were a few things removed.
    Since then my Spyware Guard program isn't working properly. It starts up and stays on for a few seconds then a window pops up that says "run time error '429' active x component can't create object'. When I click 'ok' it then says an illegal operation was commited and shuts the Spyware Guard program down.
    I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and I'm still having the same problem.
    Not only that but at the start up of my computer I get an error message saying that a program is trying to run, but a file has been deleted and the program cannot run. I think it has something to do with Java. BUT..I never deleted anything. It happened after this last problem with spyware/malware.

I'm so frustrated! I think it should be illegal to cause these problems on our computers. What right do they have??!! :mad:

Can anyone help me sort this mess out?

Thanks,
    J

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

3. jacintal72

I just saw that post and I'm working on it right now. Sorry, I didn't see it before when I was searching for help. I must be blind.

4. jacintal72

That seems to have fixed Spyware Guard! :)

Now, the 2nd part of the problem...This happened at the same time as Spyware Guard messing up so I am assuming spyware/malware had something to do with it.
    This is a message I get every time I start my computer:
    "Cannot find a device file that may be needed to run Windows or a Windows application. The Windows registry or SYSTEM.INI file refers to this device file, but the device file no longer exists. If you deleted this file on purpose, try uninstalling the associated application using its uninstall or setup program. If you still want to use the application associated with this device file, try reinstalling that application to replace the missing file.
    JAVASUP.VXD
    Press any key to continue"

Any ideas on how to fix this?

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hmmm....that's usually associated with Microsoft's Java. What operating system is this on....Win98 ?

6. jacintal72

Yes, Windows 98. My poor OLD computer system, lol.

7. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I'd like to proceed with caution before suggesting the wrong thing but we should have no problem stopping the registry\system.ini alert at boot up.

1)Do you have Sun Java installed and if so what version ?
    Go here for a quick way to test your SunJava and note what version you have.

8. jacintal72

Thanks so much for the quick help. It seems that I don't have Sun Java on my computer anymore. That is weird because I remember installing it a little over a year ago.
    Should I try to reinstall it?

9. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

That's a decision you would have to make but it would not fix the JAVASUP alert you are seeing on start-up.

I would suggest you follow the below link and first attempt to run Win98 System File Checker(SFC). This will get JAVASUP back which should clear the alert.

This link---> Description of the System File Checker Tool (Sfc.exe)

If you would rather just get rid of the alert....just remove the below registry key by using the registry editor.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\VXD\JAVASUP

1. Click the Start menu.
    2. Click Run.
    3. Type "regedit" and click OK.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.