Major Net slowdown Noticed

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by snowy, Jan 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowy

snowy Guest

Since connecting this morning I have experienced a major slowdown....numerous websites unable to load or taking several minutes............an wondering if its just me or if others are experiencing the same. After undergoing an attack yesterday I am checking with you folks to see if this is possible damage to my computer or an overall experience

can barely post..so please excuse if I don't reply

2. snowy

snowy Guest

Just barely was able to get back in to post this....nearly all the other forums just "hang"....can't enter....

well, guess I'll try back at some later time.....wishing everyone a most pleasent day

snowy

3. snowy

snowy Guest

""I had the same problem, untill i realised that it was due to a loose cable """

THAT WAS POSTED NOT ME........

snowy the snowman

4. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

I noticed snowy, and I didn't think it was very funny, so I threw it out.

Regards,

Pieter

5. snowy

snowy Guest

PIETER

Thank you my friend...hopefully it was an innocent mistake........if need be I will register again....really I should anyways.....just being lazy LOL
    say...you are very alert there Mr Pieter...LOL

anyways...had to really struggle to post this so will try back later.....the problem may be on my end........Pieter you know me very well so will notice any posts that look out of order.......for sure I would not flame or insult...so if there is any problem....I'll either post or register..

Snowy The Snowman

6. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

No harm done snowy. I can tell whether it's you or not ;)

I have had a few problems with the board as well.
    And some others. Thought it was the server. Can't check any firewall logs here. :blink:

Regards,

Pieter

7. snowy

snowy Guest

THE FOLLOWING WAS POSTED BY IMPOSTER

My guess is ZAP's privacy controls is blocking Javascript and Java scripts that try to obtain your ip from running. But that's different from hiding your ip . (Most local HTTP proxies like Proxomitron do this too)

Whenever you access a website, there must always be a source ip to send the data. Hence your ip will appear in the server logs.

The only way to hide your ip is to use a remote proxy server such that the request appears to be coming from there. Truly annymous proxy servers do not send the x-forwarded for headers.

Even if you use such services be sure to turn off Java and perhaps most active scripting, since there are tricks that they can do to grab your ip, even with remote proxies hiding your true ip.

PIETER AND ADMISTRATION

the above was post as a reply to: "Hide Your IP"
    the poster was not me.
    my isp can clearly be seen and logged as can that of the imposter.....I have a fairly good idea who the imposter is...an its a very pitiful display on the person's part....the person appears to be a member...fairly new...

Pieter

This is of no real concern to me..much to sad an attempt by the imposter......nevertheless, please note ..
    .....oh, the slowness problem was on my end after all....
    there are several means of my id'ing myself iif need be so if there is questions just ask me to identify my person

snowy the snowman

8. snowy

snowy Guest

TO THE IMPOSTER

now it seems you have an issue with me.....since its with me why invold the Board...bring it to me! We can take it to the computers if you like....but you may want to fix the excuse of a firewall you are using first......whatever your issue its just petty immature emotion...another weakness...all in all....just bring it to me..make it personal...

snowy the snowman

9. snowy

snowy Guest

POSTED BY IMPOSTER

"Sounds like session cookies??

as a reply to JACK in topic "cookies dir"

This is actually funny...never realized how important a person I am to some people.....who are so lacking in self esteem that they need to post under my nic.........

PIETER and ADMISTRATION

Lets not even waste our time with this..I can change nic..so problem....let the person play games forever....

snowy The Snowman(really me)

10. newnic

newnic Guest

gee..that was so easy to change my nic.....

since anyone can use whatever nic they desire there is really nothing wrong if someone decided to take mine for use....after all, in all fairness I could register and avoid spoofing.........(but hey this is fun).......
    so, the person is whenin his right using the nic...considering that....let him enjoy...no problem on my part whatsoever.......in fact I find it rather silly.....

newnic snowy

11. chilly

chilly Guest

NOTICE TO ALL

be advised that I will be posting under randon nic's

ADMISTRATION

Paul if any problem result because of the imposter we can refer back to e mails we have exchanged in the past the subjects only you and I know........or Spy 1 can id me by other means.
    to avoid this thread growing any larger feel free to lock or delete it as you deem........the whole issue is so childish and not worth anyone's time.

chilly snowman

12. Reservedname

Reservedname Guest

Hmm if snowy is a reserved guest name, how do I go about getting one?

13. banana

banana Guest

gee, did you not notice my comment on registering to avoid spoofing.....or was in a failure to comprehend?
    no guests have reserved names....feel free to use any nic not registered.......

Banana snowman

14. Tinribs

Tinribs Registered Member

Is this getting a bit surreal or is it just me?

Snowy, if someones using your name why dont you just register again?? I'm vaguely aware of your reasons not too but this is getting a bit confusing :)

15. Iceman

Iceman Guest

TinRibs

The administrators and mods of this Board do a very fine job. They are capable. The adnistration to my knowledge is not dictated to by a spoofer. Therefor, this is left to their judgement

16. iceman

iceman Guest

To Administration.....Members and Guests

before making this post I noted there were 23 guests.
    Many of these if not all may eventually become members.

as a group over the years we have not bowed to hackers....snakes...snakeware...flamers or spoofers.
    We have stood firm in our values...
    registration is not an issue here....the admistration has generously allowed for guests to post. to my knowledge its never been a problem. this is about spoofing...not registration. Those 23 guests should not be forced to register due to one spoofer.......this Board should not be placed in lock because of one spoofer.........any guest could be the next target...so its the spoofer thats the issue.....an the administration is very capable in such situations.
    this is my last post on this subject..if not for the reply by TinRibs the entire matter was being ignorred by me because its to petty to have any value......its humorous at best. It will now be ignorred.

17. pin

pin Registered Member

aah please stop the madness =).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.