Major Issues with NOD32 Renewal!

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Jula9600, Aug 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jula9600

Jula9600 Registered Member

My NOD32 was set to expire today so I quickly renewed last night via the ESET website.

The ESET knowledgebase article gives these instructions:

I got the first email:

The second email:

Auto update? But it is now in the red status because it is expired so obviously I'm not going to leave my pc connected to the internet!

And the Third:

Now, my NOD32 is in the red (not-protected), apparently, I'm not getting a new password...,I can't just stay connected to the internet and wait for it to "auto-update" sometime today or tomorrow without any active AV protection. This is crazy!

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

As it said in the email it takes up to 24hrs before the updated licence takes. Should it be faster, yes; but on the other hand it could have been renewed before the licence actually expired

3. Jula9600

Jula9600 Registered Member

Yes, could have, but didn't. The ESET icon is red and the message states

So, obviously, I am very confused about what I am supposed to do next.

Just randomly connect to the internet every once in a while, for a minute or so, and hope for the best!?!

4. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Hi Cudni,

While I agree, would you allow me a little and off topic remark:

Not all Eset resellers/distributors use the same policy with respect to start and end date of the renewed licence. If you buy a renewal licence before the end date of the existing licence has been expired, some resellers/distributors do not add the remaining days of the existing licence to the renewed one. (I could add a mathematical calculation, but I guess it is clear). It has been discussed here before, and I have seen it myself happening; but I have to be honest: an email to the reseller/distributor, and it was quickly solved; whether that will work next time if needed, I don't know.

Sorry for my interruption; back to topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.