Maintain inactive TCP connections Question?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by thegreatoutlaw, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thegreatoutlaw

thegreatoutlaw Registered Member

Maintain inactive TCP connections Question? Help needed.

I have ESS 4.2.71.2 x64, v5 looks nice but I've just had better experiences with v4 so I stuck with it.

I've had issues with network connectivitiy, sometimes computers won't show up in the network etc. So I read the ESET page http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2141 and my question is, does having maintain inactive TCP connections cause any slowdowns or secure issues?

Another question is, do I have to add all my networked computers to the Trusted Zone even though it already added the automatic Home_DHCP zone?

Last edited: May 1, 2012
  2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

On the first question, there should be no additional decrease in security in maintaining an inactive connection that I can think of.

On the second issue, it should not be necessary, however, if a problem were to occur connecting with a specific computer I would recommend adding it, just for troubleshooting purposes.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. thegreatoutlaw

thegreatoutlaw Registered Member

Thank you much for the feedback =) I'll see how it goes with current settings.

Last edited: May 2, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.