main site update page

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by paul humphreys, Mar 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paul humphreys

paul humphreys Registered Member

Hi Acronis Support,

What the #### have you done to the main site update page? New layout all very well but does not tell us the Version Number of the File....Howso?

Suggest Acronis goes back to the drawing board.

Paul H

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Paul,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis software (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/).

We are really sorry for temporary inconvinience. Currently our Web Team is improving our site and some pages are not available or not displayed correctly. We will certainly fix the problems soon.

If you need to know the latest build number for a certain product please let me know what product you are interested in and I will certainly answer you as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. tachyon42

tachyon42 Registered Member

You can login with your registration email and password to see all your personal details and the products you have registered.

4. paul humphreys

Yes that's almost true...in the sense that not all my registred programs are there and the main problem is the is no update version number.

5. Acronis Support

Hello Paul,

Please log in to our site using your personal data and navigate to "Porduct Updates". Choose the product you are interested to and click on the "Get update" link. You may choose "Full history of changes" if you wish to see the changelog.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

6. snickell

snickell Registered Member

Some of the software packages listed do not have update histories available (yet?). I like the way you can access all your serials etc on the one personalised page. I trust it is sufficiently secure against anyone else pinching serials. It would be nice if the personalised page could keep track of the updates I download and highlight any that I've missed.

7. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Ilya,

After logging into my account and selecting Product Updates I'm presented with the 5 Acronis products for which I have registered. Clicking on the "+" sign for Disk Director Suite, Drive Cleanser or True Image 6 reveals my Serial Number, Registration Date, Last available update etc and the Get update link. However, clicking the "+" sign for either True Image 7 or True Image 8 only reveals my serial number and registration date in each case.

Am I doing something wrong or is your site still not working correctly?

Kind regards
    Tom

8. Jbmoar

Jbmoar Registered Member

Hello Acronis, I Like your new updates Page especially the way all my products shows the updates available,SN & History , Just Two problems though, 3 Of my products don't show the available updates Link [Disk Director Suite,True Umage 7 & True Image 8, and The registration dates are wrong, acronis has the registration date they updated their site, not the date I Registered my acronis products which I Belive it should be,If you don't have the registration date I Registered my products,I Can supply that information.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2005
  9. tachyon42

tachyon42 Registered Member

I have only registered TrueImage 8 and clicking on the + sign shows:
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Acronis True Image 8.0 (English)
    SN: I have blanked out serial number Registration date: 2005-03-28

Last available update: build #800, 2005-02-27. Get update.
    Changes:

FedoraCore 3 ext3 file system support added
    Better hardware support

Full history of changes.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    So it appears Ok for me, there must be a bug when multiple products are registered.

Also clicking on the link "Full history of changes" only shows the release details of the last update - in this case build 800.

10. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

Seems to work perfectly for me and all four product registrations. For each product I see a "Get update" link, and the offer to upgrade my ancient software to the latest and greatest.

Nice work, Acronis!

11. Freestone

Freestone Registered Member

Requiring me to enter my e-mail address and password just to check for updates is an incredible step backwards and a real nuisance to say the least. I daily would check for new releases by a click of the Favorites key. Now, I have to enter in all my registration info just to VIEW? Please, please tell me that this isn't permanent! This is just plain ridiculous.

I can understand having to enter this information if I want to DOWNLOAD an update, and I used to able to decide if I needed to update WITHOUT entering my registration info. Now, just to view release levels requires further input, WHAT ARE YOU GUYS THINKING? :mad:

12. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

I'm sorry Ilya, but the site is a real bitch. Whoever is responsible for this change needs to be hung by the neck for two or three days and replaced by a monkey.

I can't see what updates might be available for TrueImage 8, and I have logged onto the site.

Really, this is very stupid and designed to alienate your supporters. Acronis has many problems with marketing, they don't need to piss off the people who support and recommend the product with this sort of nonsense.

13. John Farrar

John Farrar Registered Member

Sorry jmk9403 but the site works well for me and I have no problems with seeing what updates are available and the serial numbers I have registered.
    John

14. paul humphreys

Hi Ilya,

I don't know what screen you have on your system but, (I don't think it is what we customers see on the web), I can not see update details...All I see is my serial number and registration date.

Regards - Paul H

15. Freestone

Saying the site works in that you can see your registration information is missing the whole point, which is the requirement of entering log in information just to check release levels. I don't need any particulars about any products I've registered. That is redundant as I've got that information at hand right on my PC. What is important is release levels and fixes, and why that should ever require users to enter in login information is just plain ridiculous.

16. John Farrar

John Farrar Registered Member

I see your point Freestone but I would not get so worked up about it. Its no big deal for me. Life is too short for that. ;)
    Cheers
    John

17. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

Hooray for Firefox!! Yes, the registrations/updates page requires a login, but Firefox makes it a breeze to login since it automagically fills out the e-mail/password fields.

Question to those of you who do not see registred products and/or updates: Are any of the missing products versions that you have upgraded? E.g. 6.0 -> 7.0 -> 8.0?

Mine are regular purchases/registrations - no upgrades.

18. Yellow-Cab-Driver

Yellow-Cab-Driver Registered Member

I am experiencing similar problems. All upgraded versions are not accessible for updates! What is this? To support: will the mail-announcement work for upcoming updateso_O

19. Menorcaman

Hmm, you might have hit on something there MiniMax. As reported in #7 above, I can see everything including the update info and link for Disk Director Suite, Drive Cleanser and True Image 6. These were purchased and downloaded as full versions. However, TI 7 and TI 8 were downloaded as upgrades and I only see my Serial Number and Registration Date for these.

Any comments please Ilya?

Regards

20. Acronis Support

Hello all,

We are really sorry for temporary inconviniences. Our site can be displayed incorrerctly for several more days. Our Web Team is currently working on it and we expect everything to be ok in few days.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

21. paul humphreys

Hi Ilya,

Good to see that sense has prevailed and Acronis have reverted to the usual updates page...Give me cause for hope that you've listened to your customers.

Regards - Paul H

22. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Ok, that's my situation also. I purchased TI 7 and upgraded to TI 8. I get nothing except serial no. I guess that means that it's a bad idea to upgrade from now on. Really, really irritating. The old system was useful. This is not.

23. Menorcaman

Hi there John,

Just this minute logged onto the Acronis site and found that my account is o.k. now. I can see everything, including last available update and download link, for all my Acronis products. So, for me, panic over :)

Maybe they're gradually updating each customer's record in turn? Anyway, hopefully your account will get sorted shortly as well.

Regards
    Tom

24. Freestone

Thank you for restoring the update page to its former look!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.