MailWasher® Pro 2010 Released

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by hayc59, Jul 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

Get the gold standard in anti-spam software
    MailWasher has deservedly earned its reputation as one of the worlds top anti-apam products. With over 8 million users around the world and features on both BBC and CNN you can be confident that it is one of the easiest ways to get rid of spam.
    Get your free download today and become spam free with MailWasher. Now also in German, French, French Canadian, Dutch and Japanese languages.

Spam can't get to your inbox.
    Remove spam from its source before it even reaches your computer. You'll Never suffer from spam in your inbox again.
    Unbeatable spam detection tools.
    Advanced spam detection technology and tools do all the hard work for you by automatically marking spam emails and flagging them for deletion.
    Preview all incoming mail before downloading it
    Instantly preview all incoming mail and decide what do do before it even reach you. No more time wasted downloading annoying emails with huge attachments.
    No brainer setup. Quick and easy to use.
    So easy to setup and use. Automatically pull down all your mail settings and contact information so you can start blocking spam like a pro in no time

MailWasher® Pro 2010 Release
    Latest Version: 1.0.1.0
    Released: 10th July 2010

After a fairly lengthy development process, we're pleased to release MailWasher Pro 2010
    A some of our readers will know, some time ago we embarked on re-writing MailWasher Pro, as after 9 years it had become hard to make improvements and add anything useful without running it to other issues. So, we decided we'd start with a clean slate and rewrite it from scratch.
    We initially thought it would be quite straight forward to almost copy the existing version and its features. But, at the same time we wanted to improve on all the areas the old version lacked, such as usability enhancements, a better looking user interface, better back end processing and better spam detection. It turned out not to be so simple, even with having a model to work off. We had to cram years of features in to a working first release, otherwise our existing users would likely say, 'what happened to this feature?

Whats New:
    Search As You Type
    Instantly find any email you are looking for from within the inbox or recycle bin.
    Recycle Bin
    Now sporting the same look and feel as the inbox, it's much nicer to use.
    Evaluation Breakdowns
    See exactly what spam tools contribute to an emails overall evaluation.
    Customizable Display
    Alter the interface to suit your needs. Font and icon zoom, layout, colours etc.
    • And much more....

Product Info: MailWasher® Pro 2010
    Download: MailWasher® Pro

2. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I did the install a few days ago. The installation was trouble free.:D

3. Houley456

Houley456 Registered Member

How does one delete the email with the new release?

4. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I have a lifetime license. Can I upgrade to this new build?

5. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

This version is new from the ground up. Version 1. You will have to install it independent of v6.4 and purchase. Previous owners of v6 will get it for $10, otherwise it is $29.95. Annual renewal price $9.99 henceforth. For details check out the forum. :)

6. acr1965

Thanks for the info. Fortunately I purchased last March (BDJ $9.99 deal) and I see this info in the forum-

"If you purchased MailWasher Pro 6.x in the last 6 months you'll be hearing from us soon with a free upgrade, so just download the trial version in the meantime."

Do you know if there is going to be a free version of 2010? I see the current download version for the free product is 6.5.4.

7. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I can't find any info on a free v2010. However they say you can continue using v6.5.4 as long as you like. :D

8. acr1965

I just got my key for the 2010 version- good for a year. Not sure what happenes after that though. Does the program become non-functional or just stop updating?

9. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

It's an annual subscription. You don't renew it stops functioning. :)

10. Narxis

Narxis Registered Member

So how good is this? I'm trialing it now.

11. TomAZ

TomAZ Registered Member

I've noticed that when Mailwasher Pro 2010 is started, it runs two Processes: MailWasherpro.exe and MailWasherProApp.exe. I assume both processes need to run all the time. Is that correct?

This new version seems to be a little heavier on resources than the prior 6.x version.

12. acr1965

I've noticed it is heavier as well. I am probably going to go back to the older version as I never would have purchased Mailwasher had it been a yearly subscription. I just don't get enough spam to justify it.

13. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

This new MW takes 35 to 40 seconds to load on a cold boot with a momentary black screen just before it materializes. If I re-access it later during the same boot, it loads in about 11 seconds. The boys at Firetrust have looked at my logs and found nothing wrong at my end, and I currently have about 325 Mb of free RAM. I asked how much RAM the app needs and was told "that depends" but got no figure. They just released v1.0.6 with a load of fixes but nothing for load time yet. So I will remain at v6.54 until they get it right and come up with a lifetime price with no $10 per year subscription.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.