Mail Security licence file weirdness

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products Beta' started by Cursorkeys, Feb 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cursorkeys

Cursorkeys Registered Member

Not sure if this is because its a beta version or not but I saw something very weird with the licence manager.

1. Installed Mail Security 4.2.10005.0 on an SBS2003 premium server.
    2. Icon is Orange with a warning that the licence will expire at the end of the month. An ESET 1000 user licence is visible in the manager.
    3. Added my current 25 user licence in the manager, it becomes added to the list and shows as valid.
    4. Icon is still yellow with the same expiry warning.
    5. Deleted ESET licence from the list, leaving my licence.
    6. Icon goes red with a warning that all features are disabled.
    7. Opened licence manager then closed it without changing anything.
    8. Icon returned to green with everything functional.

So, the licence manager lets you add more than one licence but only 'sees' the first one. Also the handover between licences doesn't seem to work well with the anti-virus becoming disabled until you open and shut the dialog.

Are these known issues? I certainly wouldn't be happy if this behaviour occurred on a production server.

Other than those issues I'm loving the beta of Mail Security, seems to be a very decent product.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.