Mail Security Global Whitelisting

Discussion in 'Other ESET Business Products' started by twwabw, Mar 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twwabw

twwabw Registered Member

I've been trying to find some specific instructions on how to add global whitelist entries into the antispam component. It seems odd this feature isn't built into the GUI.

2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

it would be setup in the remote administrator as a policy and pushed out var the ERA Console/server - this is the kind of thing you don't really want in the hands of end-users, so putting it into the gui would be silly I think.

3. twwabw

twwabw Registered Member

I don't think we're talking about the same thing- I don't mean an end-user whitelist- I mean Global at the Exchange server - sender list that is allowed to everyone no matter what. The spam filter is misinterpretting too many messages as spam at some client sites, especially clients who are sales oriented.

4. rekun

rekun Registered Member

Why dont you take a look en the user manual :)

You can find it at the download site.

It is described how you whitelists both IPs(recommended) or domains.

5. twwabw

twwabw Registered Member

Um.. yes... I've read it. However it is not 100% clear to me whether I should modify the spamcatcher.conf file or the approvedsenders file. Whitelisting by IP is impractical- many large companies have multiple MX records, multiple smtp servers. I prefer to whitelist by domain. The instructions in the manual are vague, hence my question.

6. Erudit

Erudit Registered Member

I am also having the same issue, with multiple clients, adding the IP address's of thousands of companies is not how ide like to spend my days in the office, sureley there is some way of importing everyones address book into eset so that they are all whitelisted? if not is there anyway somone could create a simple tool

Regards

Matthew O'Grady

7. twwabw

twwabw Registered Member

Thanks Matthew- after over 387 reads, you're the only one other than me that thinks this is an issue? Oh well. Yes- something in the GUI would be helpful, and importing an address book would help too. I've taken to exporting address books to excel, stripping senders to get domain; then stripping duplicates to get a list to copy into the file. UGH. Very crude.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.