Mail security for Exchange problems

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by Drashiel, May 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drashiel

Drashiel Registered Member

Hi.

I´m running Exchange 2003 SP2 under W2k3 SP2 and installed Mail security for Exchange v. 4.2.10016 and have few problems that my local reseller can´t solve for me:

Log in by terminal services, I only have little configuration options but log in directly on machine, I have all configuration options.
    Sometimes I can´t open AV console. Looking running processes, 2 instances of egui.exe are running.
    Sometimes ekrn.exe uses 100% of one CPU core (server is a Dual Xeon) and during this time, clients have much problems to connect to Exchange server, and webmail runs very slow.

Software has reinstalled twice, but problems still here.
    Anybody can help me?

Thanks.

2. misterx11

misterx11 Registered Member

already tried removing it and then walking through the registry to delete all remainings of mail security for exchange manualy and then rebootingo_O

3. Drashiel

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Try disabling self-defense (the system must be restarted for the change to take effect), killing egui and restarting it to see if that helps or the problem lies elsewhere.

Check the statistics to see what protection module counter increases. First we should narrow it down either to the Exchange protection, real-time file system protection, web protection or the startup scanner.

5. Drashiel

Great, this works!.

First time, when signature database was updated, one core runs at 100% about 3 hours, and Webmail and Outlook clients has a lots problems to connect to server.
    Disable background scanning when perform signature database, CPU usage was much better. This weekend, AV was reinstalled, and make a new configuration (other two times I exported configuration to a file), and server runs pretty good, CPU usage never exceed from 20%.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.