Mail Delivery Error after NOD32 Install

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by natgild, Jul 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. natgild

natgild Registered Member

I had been running NOD32 Version 1 with no problems. After uninstalling version 1, I set all my email configuration changes back to the settings before version 1 install. I installed version 2 without problem. After a reboot, Outlook 2002 will download my email one time without a problem. After that I get temeout email delivery error messages. I am using Zone Alarm version 4 and I notice that there is no activity on the system tray icon, indication no downloaded. Anybody else have this problem? Any suggestions?

2. Digibrowser

Digibrowser Registered Member

I also have problems with the Outlook 2002 email send/receive function whenever NOD32 Version 2 IMON is running. The default behaviour of Outlook 2002 is to run a send/receive function every five minutes. Some users turn off this automatic function, or set the function to only run occasionally. With my windows XP machine the send/receive function must be run at least every ten minutes or Outlook 2002 will crash. Even when a send/receive function is run frequently Outlook 2002 will still sometimes crash when it has been open for several hours. If IMON is completely shut down the crashes do not occur.

Also another Outlook 2002 email send/receive problem. My ISP has recently had some POP server problems which cause the server to sometimes accept connections but timeout with no further actions. On my machine if IMON is running Outlook will crash every time when a send/receive function is run and the POP server accepts a connection but then timeouts with no further actions. Several other Outlook 2002 users reported crashing problems in this thread:

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=9301

I reported a total of four different IMON problems to ESET almost a week ago - on 8 July. As yet I have received no reply.

Jan or Paul - can you report this Outlook problem to the IMON developers?

3. martindijk

martindijk Registered Member

Natgild,

Can you tell me if you still can surf the web, or don't you have any internet connection at all??

Or is it just an Outlook problem!

rgds,
    Martin.

4. Nat

Nat Guest

:) Thanks for thte replies. I seem to be having problems accessing some websites as well. Both the web problems and the Outlook problems are intermittant. o_O It appears that I can sometimes get around the Outlook problems by closing Outlook, going to task manager, ending any Outlook tasks running and then restarting Outlook.

I have received a reply from ESET tech support(Jan) indicating that they are working on this problem.

5. GuruGuy

GuruGuy Guest

I too have been having the same problem lately with Outlook..............getting constant time out errors............close Outlook and wait a second or two, reopen it and it's fine. Never had a problem with it until NOD32 ver 2.

6. sagittarius

sagittarius Registered Member

sorry I don't have a solution, but just wanted to say that I am running Outlook 2002 (with Windows XP Pro) and have had no problems whatsoever.
    With V1, on the other hand, I found it ALWAYS changed the mail settings (incoming mail to localhost and Incoming Server Port from 110 to 10500 or 10501).
    As a reseller, I found this very annoying, having to constantly re-set these in each computer I installed it on.
    So, all I can say is that it can run OK with Outlook 2002 and hopefully someone out there will discover the common denominator for all of you who are experiencing problems.

7. martindijk

martindijk Registered Member

8. Digibrowser

Digibrowser Registered Member

The program update to version 2.000.5 has fixed Outlook 2002 problems on my Windows XP machine. Outlook is now working normally while IMON is running.

9. GuruGuy

GuruGuy Guest

Didn't notice in Jan's post that the Outlook problem had been fixed with the updates.........Jan can you confirm that the Outlook fix was included in the latest program update. Like to know before reinstalling and then finding out that it STILL doesn't work.

Thanks

10. Tomas

Tomas Eset Staff Account

Actually, there wasn't special fix addressing outlook 2002 problem, but there were made several fixes due to problems with another programs and it's very likely that one of the fixed bugs was causing also this problem. So, can you possitively confirm, that the outlook 2002 problem is fixed now?

Tomas (Eset)

11. GuruGuy

GuruGuy Guest

I can't confirm it because I am not going to reinstall until I know for sure that the bug was fixed.

12. Nat

Nat Guest

:D I hope I am not speaking too early. I have reinstalled NOD32, version 2.0 and updated to version 2.000.5. After about 2 hours, Outlook is functioniung properly without any mail delivery errors. Previously, the mail delivery errors appeared right away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.