mageia

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by lodore, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lodore

lodore Registered Member

mageia

what does everyone think of magieia?

I personally think it will be a way to improve an already great operating system.

the problem i see with distros like ubuntu, opensuse, fedora etc is that the company backing will change the distro to suit their business.

I feel mandriva/mageia has great kde integration.

I wonder what type of releases mageia will do. time based or rolling.
    I like the idea of rolling release distributions but the ones i have tryed in the past break to often.

as far as im aware magiea 1 will simply be very similar to mandriva 2011. it will be interesting to see what mageia will change in version 2.

Since its only an alpha atm and doesnt have a live cd version i have only tryed it in virtualbox.

2. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Not really interested at all.

3. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

Mageia was started for the same reasons people started Libre Office. The fear of a company going closed source or going out of business so its there just in case, like the hammer on the wall for the fire.

If you like Mandriva, its great but if you don't like the corporate feel of Mandriva, now there's another distro to choose from. That's where Linux beats Windows.

The freedom to choose a version of Linux that's right for your needs and not as dictated by the company's interests and schedule.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.