macromedia flash player problems...

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by nativegyrl, Dec 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nativegyrl

nativegyrl Registered Member

can somebody please help me, I am at a loss....I am trying to make yahoo avatars, but all I keep seeing is a box with red colors in it...I already have macromedia flash player installed on my computer, but the avatar images are not showing up....what could be causing this and how do I fix it?

2. Global Force

Global Force Guest

Hi nativegyrl,

We'll need a little more information for anyone to help further, OK.
    Two item's .... the operating system your on and the browser please. If XP, 1 or 2?

GF

3. nativegyrl

I have windows XP 1.. I have an IE brower and yahoo toolbar with yahoo pop up blocker installed...does this help?

4. Global Force

Global Force Guest

We're going to find out! :D

Is your version of Flash 8, or which? Was there an option NOT to install the Yahoo toolbar? Please also nativegyrl, which firewall or web security program is currently installed? Does this help?

GF

5. nativegyrl

it's flash 8...I have no idea what kind of firewall or security is installed on my computer. when I downloaded yahoo messenger, it automatically installed the yahoo toolbar and pop up blocker...

6. Global Force

Global Force Guest

nativegyrl,

Forgive me for proceeding cautiously before making any further suggestion's, but it would be helpful for me to determine who's computer we speak of. Is it "your computer" or the *family* computer, which someone else has taken the time to configure security for?

GF

7. nativegyrl

it's my personal computer. I live alone so no one else uses it...

8. Global Force

Global Force Guest

First try disabling pop-ups from your Yahoo toolbar, it should be obvious.

If no joy open the Tools menu in IE > Internet Options. Open the security tab then clk *Trusted sites* > Sites... > add this line - ht tp://avatars.yahoo.com/ re-joining the t's of ht<bring together>tp after pasting inside the box > select Add and OK all windows to exit. If you receive a specific error after this, let me know.

GF

9. nativegyrl

I flollowed your instructions and it is still not working. I didn't get a message that popped up, but when I went to yahoo avatars, I'm still seeing the square with red and blue circles in it..no avatars...

10. Global Force

Global Force Guest

Let me see what your seeing when viewing that page by attaching a screenshot when next you reply.
    Don't concern yourself with MSPaint though, one of the mod's I'm sure will re-size it if necessary. ;)

GF

11. Global Force

Global Force Guest

Another thing I remembered about Yahoo is their desire to feed you *cookies,* lot's of'em. If you re-open Tools/Internet Options and proceed to the Privacy tab, you'll notice an Edit button below Web Sites - clk it.

Place this line avatars.yahoo.com in the dialog then clk *Allow* - OK all windows to exit. If there's something other than this denying you access, I will ask you a favor.

GF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.