Macrium Reflect V5 and Windows 10

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by DIgiDis, Aug 18, 2015.

1. DIgiDis

DIgiDis Registered Member

I am thinking about upgrading and am wondering if V5 is working 100% in Win10. I see there is a small license problem with the upgrade that can be fixed, but I may also want to do a clean install. Would my V5 license work in that case?

OTOH, I only do full image backups, should I just use V6 free with Win10 and eventually upgrade from V5 if I need the full version of V6?

TIA!

2. MPSAN

MPSAN Registered Member

Well, that is what I am using...V6 FREE as I, too, ONLY do full Images. Used on Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit AND on Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

3. TheRollbackFrog

TheRollbackFrog Registered Member

Move to v6 FREE. You can still do FULL images and v6 FREE now offers DIFFERENTIAL imaging as well.

4. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I just did a full backup in windows 10 Pro with Macrium Reflect Pro V5 to see if it is working with Windows 10 Pro. Then I thought I should move on to Macrium Reflect V6 Workstation BTW I am holding on to the last backup of Windows 8.1 Pro for 30 days in case I want to go back to windows 8.1Pro. But I think I will stay with Windows 10 Pro
    [EDIT]Reflect Home V6

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  5. DIgiDis

DIgiDis Registered Member

Thanks for the advice. I may upgrade to the full version if I can get the cost down a bit, if not I will use the free version. I am thinking of also using AOMEI Backupper as well just for redundancy.

6. TheRollbackFrog

TheRollbackFrog Registered Member

DIgiDis, you might wanna give the REFLECT Upgrade page a try... some have been getting a 50% discount when using this.

Edit: ...and if for some reason the above process doesn't produce for you, this USER posted a recent coupon that should help.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015