Mac OS X Beta - Did it crash, or is it infection?

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products Beta' started by Carbonyl, Jun 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carbonyl

Carbonyl Registered Member

Hi everyone. I sure hope someone's actually reading this forum, as I don't think this post belongs in the main ESET subforum.

Anyhow, I'm currently running the OS X beta for ESET NOD (v 4.0.12 is the latest one I've been able to find from the website, at least for OS X). Today something highly peculiar happened.

I left my computer for a few hours, and when I returned NOD had just vanished. Usually NOD on OS X doesn't quit or shutdown, or even stop running. As a mater of fact, I've never found a way to terminate the process, even through the Application Monitor. That's fine. It should always be running!

So when I found that it had spontaneously vanished from my dock (where it's set to always appear - meaning something DELETED it from the dock!) and no longer part of the upper menu bar, I knew something was wrong.

The problem is, I can't tell what! There were no crash logs in the console, and no information in NOD's log, either. Can someone please offer a bit of assistance? Is this indicative of a crash? Can I find information about that crash to send along to help the beta? Does the removal of the NOD icon from the dock indicate foul play - or possible infection? A subsequent scan didn't reveal anything, but I don't know how much that means after coming back to find NOD completely disabled. I'm feeling quite nervous, and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

2. pc-support

pc-support Registered Member

Is the app still there in "applications"?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.