MAB or SAS or Both?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by mrm3601, Jan 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erikloman

erikloman Developer

The TDL3 rootkit is created by very professional malware authors who clearly know what they are doing. IMO it is currently one of the most sophisticated rootkits actively spreading.

We can only assume they will update their armor to prevent its removal. So if they release a new variant, we most likely need to update Hitman Pro to accommodate.

Also note that most AVs have signatures/heuristics for most parts (files) of the TDL3, but they all fail to find the parts on an infected system. This as the rootkit is doing a pretty good job to stay undetected. Hence, signatures/heuristics are useless if you can't find the file to run them on.

See also this post.

2. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

thanks erik very clear explanation;)

3. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

TDL updated to 3.241

4. YanK33

YanK33 Registered Member

people need to be least freak about security, 3 or 4 softwares to do the same is not better security, security means knowing where you browse and what you do in the net no need to me an install uninstall freaky guy lol enjoy the web and leave you hard drive free for your stuff no for 100 security softwares lol

5. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

I have run SUPERAntiSpyware as an on-demand scanner for about 18 months. It once found a trojan I had picked up on a Russian newspaper website that Spybot & Norton missed (neither of which I use any more). I will almost certainly use the vendor (realtime) version for my next computer. I ran MBAM (freeware) for nearly a year, & although I am sure it is very good, after about half a dozen false-positives which could have been potentially damaging & problems with the download mirrors I decided to uninstall it.

6. kmr1685

kmr1685 Registered Member

hi people sorry to say this but every pc user on this world must have their black day (i.e. affected by some unknown nasties, some security software will find it, but could not remove it entirely). then only option is to reinstall os again, or install the good backup image of the hdd. so point is no security software gives you 100% protection now a days, the greatest security is only common sense. :) :p

7. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

Yes, I agree! Brain.exe is certainly the best form of defence. :thumb:

8. Threedog

Threedog Registered Member

I couldn't agree more. :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.