Lost partition and data - how to get it back?

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by svinya, Nov 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. svinya

svinya Registered Member

Hi, i have paragon partition manager 10.0 boot cd with which i tried to resize partiton D: and then give that free space to partiton C: by resizing it the the same way. Everything went fine but the in the middle of "data moving" process it got stuck so i interrupted it. The result - unformatted partition D:.

After that i tried deleting the partition and undelete it (found that on the forum), but that resulted in no partition at all (unallocated space), and no way to get it back.

Now, i need that data back. I used this program for a thousand times, including this same options, but this is something new. How can i retrieve data, or at least most of it. paragon just doesn't see anything on this part of the disk, especially no partitons. System partition is ok. :(

Thanx in advance. :)

2. Fiat_Lux

Fiat_Lux Registered Member

I think that you have ruined your partition totally and can only get your data back if you are extremely lucky.
    The best possible software to use in your situation would have been "EasyRecovery Professional" which starts at a whopping $499 o_O o_O o_O
    This is extremely powerfull software and even with this I'll say your chances for anything but a partly recovery of data would be very slim.

You must never ever make any "destructive" operations to your drive (such as partitioning and writing data to your drive) if you are in trouble and need to recover data !!!!

"EasyRecovery Professional" would have been able to scan a drive and would not need a partition table. You can try an "EasyRecovery Professional - Trial Edition" by downloading it from here.

P.S.
    Also found something called "DiskDigger v.0.8.2.158" which makes great promises of being able to recover data, problem is that very many software makers "advertize" that their software can do the job but but almost nothing can....

Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  3. kiwidave

kiwidave Registered Member

This happened to me too using Paragon defrag on a 400GB Drive.I stopped it defragging as it would have taken days and surprise! no formatted hard drive.
    I did get it back however by running checkdisk and fixing the allocated errors.Phew! It may be worth a try although if you have deleted the partition,maybe not.Give it a try,you have nothing to lose.

If you remember the drive letter,just run chkdsk /f ? (your drive letter).
    Let us know how you get on.Good luck.

4. svinya

svinya Registered Member

Thank you both for answering. :)

I managed to get back most of the data with Easus Data Recovery Professional.

Those two recommended programs are also great, btw. All of them work pretty good, and are capable of restoring huge amount of data.

It took hours and hours to finish, but results are great, considering the whole situation. ;)

5. Fiat_Lux

Fiat_Lux Registered Member

Congratulations !!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.