Lost n Confused

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Katt, Jan 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katt

Katt Registered Member

o_OAnyways,just downloaded Spyblaster,ran it as instructed, then rebooted and got an error message tellin me my PC just corrected a Serious Error o_OIs this something I or Spyblaster did o_OAnd while I am here,is there any flash program I can use(Macromedia,etc) for the animation some things require to be seeno_OOH & I have no idea to set the time for where I live o_O :D

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi Katt,

Well, that's a whole bunch of different topics. ;)

First up, Welcome to Wilders Security!!

Now, I don't think anything in SpywareBlaster would lead to some kind of boot-time "serious error"... but, can you tell us more about this? What was the exact message? Is it there every time you reboot or was it only that one time?

Also, to check SpywareBlaster to see if it is okay, just run it from the new link it created in your Start menu > Programs > SpywareBlaster. If it opens up okay, and the window shows all ther items as "checked" then it is set up okay.

Now, as for Flash and animation... Have you been to the Macromedia Flash page?

http://www.macromedia.com/

Are you having a specific problem with Flash somewhere? Perhaps if you tell us the circumstances and specific problem we can advise you better.

Third, as for the time I'm assuming you mean to set the time here on the forum software, so the posts times look right? What time zone are you in? This server is in the US Eastern time zone and you can set an offset (+/-) the number of hours difference to where you are. If you are in say the EST the offset is 0. If you were in the PST the offset would be -3. Just add or subtract the number hours needed to get the time at the top of the forum to be right. Or, if you tell me where you are I can set it for you.

3. Katt

Katt Registered Member

:)TY for the welcome & FAST reply :DAm still sorta lost here & on PC's tho LOL hope ya get this ;)
    All I know is that I had just installed and ran Spyblaster,rebooted and got a message saying a repair had occured for a serious error, from microsoft I think and it was sending it somewhere's. Sorry, I didn't & can't remember it exactly, but will next time,IF it happens again,it was one time and all seems well,except nothing animated shows like animated cards so thought maybe Spyblaster tagged Macro as spy ware.
    And plz set my time for Calif,still lost there, Thx Katt

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Okay, check the time at the top of this forum page and see if it is correct now. Let me know if it needs to go up or down an hour or more.

The boot error... If it doesn't happen again then it could have been anything, (just one of those Windows things ;) ), so it is hard to say unless you see it happen again and copy down the message. If it doesn't happen again, then don't worry about it.

SpywareBlaster... Just to be sure, go to the Start menu and select SpywareBlaster under the Programs area and open it again and tell us how it looks. This next image shows how to tell SpywareBlaster to enable all its protection. Notice that all the items are check-marked and in normal black text. If yours are not checked or are in bold red text, then follow the steps in the image to set it.

[​IMG]

Flash... Well, SpywareBlaster does have an option to disable Flash. You open SpywareBlaster and hit the Tools button then click to the Flash Killer tab. You can turn Flash on and off with the check-mark shown in this image:

[​IMG]

If you have that option checked, Flash is completely disabled.

Edit: Oh, and be sure to run SpywareBlaster once a week and hit the "Check for Updates" button to see if there are more items to protect! If there are, just select them all and protect them as shown in the first image above. (This is how you keep SpywareBlaster up to date.)

5. Katt

Katt Registered Member

:DWOW, you all are good and I see now bout the flash thing. Ok,think I have learned another PC lesson LOL :DYour help has been FANTASTIC!!! Thx for the time fix too :DThe error thing might have had something to do with the update I got about another serious Microsoft flaw....they have Way too many flaws :oops:that leave PC's vulnerable. TY again,Katt^..^

6. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Slightly O/T, but related to part of it ...

I see that Macromedia is one of the items which can be protected against. On my system, protect-against-all works fine temporarily -- but I can usually expect Macromedia to have become unprotected again next time I check.

I've removed all their pertinent cookies, and also removed them from the "always accept" parts of IE-6 and Cookie Pal. But still get the same results.

I'm guessing that anytime I hit a Flash item (and of course there's a lot of them "out here"), or maybe get into a Shockwave game somewhere (and there's a lot of those too), doing that over-rides the SB settings?

Best,
    Mike

(Edited) Sorry, this is now totally O/T -- I just took another look, and it's Media-Plex not Macromedia that's giving me the problem. And of course that's totally unrelated to Flash or Shockwave.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.