Lost data

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by Jaggs8226, Oct 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaggs8226

Jaggs8226 Registered Member

I installed Returnil on the 18th of this month but did not install a virtual hard drive. Each time I have restarted my computer since the install all the data has vanished since the install. For instance...I made new files yesterday and restarted my computer this morning...anything that was done yesterday and since I restarted my computer the last time no longer exist. I did further checking and noticed that all new entries to my computer since the install no longer exist. Is there a way I can restore them?

Jaggs

2. overangry

overangry Registered Member

First off, welcome to Wilders.
    I find it hard to believe that anyone would download software like this and not have the absolute minimum knowledge of it's basic function...

Hope this helps?

http://www.returnilvirtualsystem.com/support/faq

3. Jaggs8226

Jaggs8226 Registered Member

Now that you have made your comment I do hope you feel better. The question was how do I get my files back?

4. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

I would wait for RVS to provide a final verdict, but I think the basic answer is that you don't. They're gone aside from what a detailed forensic recovery effort might harvest and manually reconstruct.

Blue

5. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hello Jaggs8226 and welcome to the forums :)

Blue is correct here as RVS System Safe is designed to drop all changes made to your System Partition at restart of the computer. To save your files across restarts, they must be saved in one of the following locations:

1. Alternate drive or partition
    2. RVS Virtual Disk

If you have a paid version you can use the File Manager to save content by adding the file to the list and then clicking the appropriate save link or button in the RVS interface or in the tray icon/toolbar right click menus.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.