Lost all e-mail clients and web browsers

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Paul_E, May 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul_E

Paul_E Registered Member

Having read the suggestion that after uninstalling NOD32 all of the Eset folders should be deleted prior to reinstalling, I am now left with no e-mail clients or web browsers listed so its impossible to tick the checkboxes..
    Tried a reinstall followed by a repair, but the sections still remain blank.
    Any suggestions?

Paul

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

If after executing your browsers and\or e-mail clients they do not show up, you can manually add the executable for those programs.

Follow the below links of the tutorial for adding items:
    * E-mail clients

* Web browsers

Bubba

3. Paul_E

Paul_E Registered Member

e-mail clients & web browser data missing

In advanced mode under e-mail clients & web browser there is a window that populates itself with any programme that you use to access the internet or send e-mails.
    I have just reinstalled Eset AV v3 after trying another AV and now this window remains blank. As a result I can't check the relevant boxes to ensure the data transfer is properly checked as they don't exist. I have followed vearious recomendations on here for doing a clean install, also have a registry remover from Eset but still this remains blank. I have posed the question to Eset but I am still waiting for a response. This very same issue happened about a year ago and someone from Eset UK talked me through a procedure, which actually worked but I don't remember what it was now. Has anyone else experienced this and knows the cure?
    Operating system is XP Pro.

Paul

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Re: e-mail clients & web browser data missing

Try reverting all settings to defaults to see if it helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.