Losing patience.....

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by klive, May 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. klive

klive Registered Member

I've just about had it with trying to dual boot windows server 2003 and RedHat 9.I must've installed/re-installed 5 times now and i just can't get it to work.

Can someone puh-lease provide the steps to go about doing this.

what i've done

1)created primary ext3 partitions (5GB) for RH
    2)Able to boot RH installation cd and run full installation.
    3)Was able to complete installation only to have nothing applied on the OS selector.I still see only windows server 2003.

Any help provided would be appreciated.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello klive,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Multiboot Managing Software.

Could you please describe how you installed Linux Red Hat? Please read our on-line article concerning your problem. If you system is configured in the way described there but the problem persists please create Acronis Report in the way described at Acronis Help Post and send it tosupport@acronis.com along with the link to this thread indicating in the subject of the letter that you want to contact Ilya Toytman. I will try to help you.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. klive

klive Registered Member

No offence but the on line article you mentioned is dissapointing to say the least.

I would like to think that this software delivers in what it boasts.I have had good experiences with TrueImage. However i can't say the same for Disk Director Suite.After the experience of having to install linux,i've had a series of problems with my hard drive.And the best part,after uninstalling disk director,i ended up with a MBR Error 3.I've fixed that with the fixmbr utility.

At the end of the day,i feel that Acronis Disk Director suite failed to impress me in terms of its ability to deliver what it said it was capable of doing.With that,i'm returning this product...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.