Lord Help Me.

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by Peep!, Dec 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peep!

Peep! Guest

Yeah...

I have a simple question, and anyone running ewido can help me.

Ewido deleted some of my system files, I had no idea what was going on because I can't see any of the buttons. Ok, I see buttons, but no words are written upon such buttons. Yeah, weirddd.

Ok, I can see the deleted files in what I think is the quarantine place, how do I get the ones I want restored? Do I click them and click the middle button (at the bottom, there are three buttons)?
    I know the one on the left refreshes, now, what does the one in the middle and on the right do? How do I bring these files back? Oh lordy.

2. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

The button in the middle is the right one... In the dialog that appears you need to press the left one... May I ask which system files got deleted? Most malware hides inside the Windows or system32 directory... The text on the buttons is missing because your Verdana font is corrupted/not correctly installed. Reinstalling/reregistering the font fixes the problem :)

3. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

Wow Peter, compliments!:)

I noticed that you are very fast with answering questions in the Ewido Support Forum.:cool:

Lot of companies are only interested in selling their software, and don't know that support is a very important issue to keep their customers satisfied and loyal!;)

4. Peep!

Peep! Guest

5. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    Maybe, you can try system restore... :rolleyes: to bring back back where you came from before it was deleted. :)

You can also install ERUNT(free), and it makes daily back-ups to restore everything if something went wrong in your pc.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2006
  6. Itsme

Itsme Registered Member

Hi Peep,

maybe a bit off-topic

Based on you cookies one can see that you run your computer (day to day) as administrator. With a security point of view it would be wise to rename your Administrator into something else.

What I do is Renamed "Administrator" into Something Else and then
    renamed the disabled Guest account into Adminstrator.

Then I setup an Audit Policy to log all the (failed) Login Attemps on the 'into Adiminstrator renamed Guest account". Big surprise when I checked the logs and realised that several hundreds attempts were made to login remotely via the renamed Guest but named Administrator account.

Ciao
    Itsme

7. Freegoo

Freegoo Registered Member

Renaming the guest account to Administrator seems like a good idea, but when I activated my guest account and tried to change settings for that user the only thing available was to change the icon. I disabled it again. Is this not available in the Windows XP Home editition?

8. Peep!

Peep! Guest

Yeah, I'm going to be reformatting soon, and that was one thing I plan on doing.

9. illukka

illukka Spyware Fighter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.