Lop.com

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by Alicyn, Jan 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alicyn

Alicyn Registered Member

How can I get rid of lop.com? Any help would be appreciated. (I cannot download Hijack This - I can't connect to the server from any of the download sites).

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

I just checked the download of HijackThis, (at this site: http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/ - using the button on the left side with the little flashing green light next to it) and it looks fine. That would certainly be the greatly preferred method of addressing this.

What error do you get trying to download HijackThis?

3. subratam

subratam Registered Member

hey alicyn,
    u hav cwshredder?? if u dun have mayb u can try gettin it frm http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=19204 and then run the cwshredder ofcourse closing all browser windows and pressing FIX button
    now, if that dun work also.. i mean u cant download that also(if u dun have that) then run spybot/adware and then reboot and try downloading hijackthis.....
    regarding hou to go with spybot and adware( and in future with hijackthis) maybe u can get help frm here
    http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=15913

4. Suzanne

Suzanne Guest

I went to Wilder but could not download - I kept getting a message that I could not connect with the server. I thought it was quite a coincidence that I kept getting this message from all of the Spyware sites that I tried to download from when I have never had problems with other downloads. I was able to get the Spyware programs elsewhere and am now trying to figure out from the logs what to take out.

5. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Suzanne,

Please feel free to post your log, so one of our experienced log-readers can assist you.

Regards,

Pieter

6. Alicyn

Alicyn Registered Member

his is today's log from Hijack This. I run AdAware and Spybot each time I log on. Today's Adaware only came up with one data mining find and Spybot found nothing, but lop.com, sbee.com and possibly other programs have been hijacking Netscape and IE for weeks. Can you tell me what to delete?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Alicyn

Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
    Scan saved at 12:15:21 PM, on 2/2/2004
    Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EBAPI\SAgent2.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
    C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Utilities\NPROTECT.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\SPEEDD~1\nopdb.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
    C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
    C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe
    C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe
    C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mmtask.exe
    C:\Program Files\Winamp\Winampa.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
    C:\Program Files\DownloadWare Engine\DWE.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\DOWNLO~2\alp2plib.exe
    C:\Program Files\America Online 8.0\aoltray.exe
    C:\Program Files\Digital Line Detect\DLG.exe
    C:\Program Files\XEROX\Pagis\Monitor.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_S10IC2.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\msoffice.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe
    C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\MSIMN.EXE
    C:\PROGRA~1\Netscape\Netscape\Netscp.exe
    C:\Documents and Settings\Friz\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Directory 1 for hijackthis.zip\HijackThis.exe
    C:\Documents and Settings\Friz\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Directory 2 for hijackthis.zip\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dellnet.com/
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =

7. Unzy

Unzy Registered Member

Hi Alycin,

I'm afraid that's not the complete log

Open the txt file again and scroll down, you'll see there's more. Make sure you copypaste the complete contents , we'll be glad to have a look :)

thnx!

Cheers,

8. Alicyn

Alicyn Registered Member

I'm sorry - here is the complete log. Thank you.

Alicyn

Scan saved at 12:15:21 PM, on 2/2/2004

Running processes:
    C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
    C:\Program Files\DownloadWare Engine\DWE.EXE
    C:\PROGRA~1\DOWNLO~2\alp2plib.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_S10IC2.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\msoffice.exe
    C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\MSIMN.EXE
    C:\Documents and Settings\Friz\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Directory 1 for hijackthis.zip\HijackThis.exe
    C:\Documents and Settings\Friz\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Directory 2 for hijackthis.zip\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dellnet.com/
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = about:blank
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,SearchAssistant = about:blank
    R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
    N3 - Netscape 7: user_pref("browser.startup.homepage", "www.yahoo.com"); (C:\Documents and Settings\Friz\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\4tu3ajx7.slt\prefs.js)
    N3 - Netscape 7: user_pref("browser.search.defaultengine", "engine://C%3A%5CProgram%20Files%5CNetscape%5CNetscape%5Csearchplugins%5CSBWeb_01.src"); (C:\Documents and Settings\Friz\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\4tu3ajx7.slt\prefs.js)
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
    O2 - BHO: Web assistant - {9ECB9560-04F9-4bbc-943D-298DDF1699E1} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
    O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
    O3 - Toolbar: Web assistant - {0B53EAC3-8D69-4b9e-9B19-A37C9A5676A7} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\System32\igfxtray.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MMTray] C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCAgentExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\McUpdate.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RealTray] C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdaptecDirectCD] "C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DwlClient] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dell\EUSW\Support.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mmtask] C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mmtask.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] "C:\Program Files\Winamp\Winampa.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccRegVfy] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccRegVfy.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Ink Monitor] C:\Program Files\EPSON\Ink Monitor\InkMonitor.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DownloadWare Engine] "C:\Program Files\DownloadWare Engine\DWE.EXE" /H
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Ad-aware] "C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\Ad-aware.exe" +c
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Mozilla Quick Launch] "C:\Program Files\Netscape\Netscape\Netscp.exe" -turbo
    O4 - Startup: PowerReg SchedulerV2.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: America Online 8.0 Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program Files\America Online 8.0\aoltray.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Digital Line Detect.lnk = ?
    O4 - Global Startup: EPSON Status Monitor 3 Environment Check 2.lnk = C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SPOOL\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_SRCV02.EXE
    O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
    O4 - Global Startup: Pagis Scheduler.lnk = C:\Program Files\XEROX\Pagis\Monitor.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: QuickBooks Update Agent.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBUpdate\qbupdate.exe
    O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
    O9 - Extra button: Real.com (HKLM)
    O12 - Plugin for .mid: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS\npqtplugin2.dll
    O16 - DPF: {0C568603-D79D-11D2-87A7-00C04FF158BB} (BrowseFolderPopup Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/Shared/MGBrwFld.cab
    O16 - DPF: {166B1BCA-3F9C-11CF-8075-444553540000} (Shockwave ActiveX Control) - http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/director/sw.cab
    O16 - DPF: {4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21} (McAfee.com Operating System Class) - http://bin.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/mcinsctl/en-us/4,0,0,72/mcinsctl.cab
    O16 - DPF: {BCC0FF27-31D9-4614-A68E-C18E1ADA4389} (DwnldGroupMgr Class) - http://bin.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/mcgdmgr/en-us/1,0,0,16/mcgdmgr.cab
    O16 - DPF: {C6B086D2-146B-47A4-A218-B82DCAF2D872} (cpbrxpie Control) - http://a19.g.akamai.net/7/19/7125/4003/ftp.coupons.com/r3120/cpbrxpie.cab
    O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab
    O16 - DPF: {DED22F57-FEE2-11D0-953B-00C04FD9152D} (CarPoint Auto-Pricer Control) - http://autos.msn.com/components/ocx/autopricer/autopricer.cab
    O16 - DPF: {DF6A0F17-0B1E-11D4-829D-00C04F6843FE} (Microsoft Office Tools on the Web Control) - http://dgl.microsoft.com/downloads/outc.cab
    O16 - DPF: {EF791A6B-FC12-4C68-99EF-FB9E207A39E6} (McFreeScan Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/iss-loc/vso/en-us/tools/mcfscan/1,5,0,4290/mcfscan.cab
    O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{855D574A-D6D5-4F1B-A22E-25495E599C16}: NameServer = 207.69.188.187 207.69.188.186

9. Pieter_Arntz

Hi Alicyn,

Before you start please unzip hijackthis.exe to a folder of it´s own. The program creates backups in the folder it is in. In a Temp folder they easily disappear.

Check the following items in HijackThis.
    Close all windows except HijackThis and click Fix checked:

R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DownloadWare Engine] "C:\Program Files\DownloadWare Engine\DWE.EXE" /H

O4 - Startup: PowerReg SchedulerV2.exe

O16 - DPF: {C6B086D2-146B-47A4-A218-B82DCAF2D872} (cpbrxpie Control) - http://a19.g.akamai.net/7/19/7125/4003/ftp.coupons.com/r3120/cpbrxpie.cab

Then reboot.

Regards,

Pieter

10. Alicyn

Alicyn Registered Member

Pieter,

I made these fixes and rebooted, but I was hijacked again a little while ago. I have the Norton Firewall up and running on a fairly high level of security. Is there anything else I can do?

I am enclosing the HighjackThis Log made after I made the fixes.

Thank you in advance.

Alicyn

11. Alicyn

Alicyn Registered Member

Today's Log Re:Lop.com

Pieter,

Sorry - I hit send before putting in the log for today. Here it is.

Scan saved at 12:06:32 PM, on 2/16/2004

Running processes:
    C:\Program Files\eFax Messenger Plus\HotTray.exe
    C:\Program Files\eFax Messenger Plus\Dllcmd32.exe
    C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\POWERPNT.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\msagent\AgentSvr.exe
    C:\Documents and Settings\Friz\My Documents\HIJACKTHIS\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = about:blank
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,SearchAssistant = about:blank
    N3 - Netscape 7: user_pref("browser.startup.homepage", "www.yahoo.com"); (C:\Documents and Settings\Friz\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\4tu3ajx7.slt\prefs.js)
    N3 - Netscape 7: user_pref("browser.search.defaultengine", "engine://C%3A%5CProgram%20Files%5CNetscape%5CNetscape%5Csearchplugins%5CSBWeb_01.src"); (C:\Documents and Settings\Friz\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\4tu3ajx7.slt\prefs.js)
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
    O2 - BHO: Web assistant - {9ECB9560-04F9-4bbc-943D-298DDF1699E1} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
    O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
    O3 - Toolbar: Web assistant - {0B53EAC3-8D69-4b9e-9B19-A37C9A5676A7} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\System32\igfxtray.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MMTray] C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RealTray] C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdaptecDirectCD] "C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DwlClient] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dell\EUSW\Support.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mmtask] C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mmtask.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] "C:\Program Files\Winamp\Winampa.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccRegVfy] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccRegVfy.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Ink Monitor] C:\Program Files\EPSON\Ink Monitor\InkMonitor.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Ad-aware] "C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\Ad-aware.exe" +c
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Mozilla Quick Launch] "C:\Program Files\Netscape\Netscape\Netscp.exe" -turbo
    O4 - Global Startup: America Online 8.0 Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program Files\America Online 8.0\aoltray.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Digital Line Detect.lnk = ?
    O4 - Global Startup: eFax Tray Menu.lnk = C:\Program Files\eFax Messenger Plus\HotTray.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: EPSON Status Monitor 3 Environment Check 2.lnk = C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SPOOL\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_SRCV02.EXE
    O4 - Global Startup: Live Menu.lnk = C:\Program Files\eFax Messenger Plus\Dllcmd32.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
    O4 - Global Startup: Pagis Scheduler.lnk = C:\Program Files\XEROX\Pagis\Monitor.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: QuickBooks Update Agent.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBUpdate\qbupdate.exe
    O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
    O9 - Extra button: Real.com (HKLM)
    O12 - Plugin for .mid: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS\npqtplugin2.dll
    O16 - DPF: {0C568603-D79D-11D2-87A7-00C04FF158BB} (BrowseFolderPopup Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/Shared/MGBrwFld.cab
    O16 - DPF: {166B1BCA-3F9C-11CF-8075-444553540000} (Shockwave ActiveX Control) - http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/director/sw.cab
    O16 - DPF: {4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21} (McAfee.com Operating System Class) - http://bin.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/mcinsctl/en-us/4,0,0,72/mcinsctl.cab
    O16 - DPF: {BCC0FF27-31D9-4614-A68E-C18E1ADA4389} (DwnldGroupMgr Class) - http://bin.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/mcgdmgr/en-us/1,0,0,16/mcgdmgr.cab
    O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab
    O16 - DPF: {DED22F57-FEE2-11D0-953B-00C04FD9152D} (CarPoint Auto-Pricer Control) - http://autos.msn.com/components/ocx/autopricer/autopricer.cab
    O16 - DPF: {DF6A0F17-0B1E-11D4-829D-00C04F6843FE} (Microsoft Office Tools on the Web Control) - http://dgl.microsoft.com/downloads/outc.cab
    O16 - DPF: {EF791A6B-FC12-4C68-99EF-FB9E207A39E6} (McFreeScan Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/iss-loc/vso/en-us/tools/mcfscan/1,5,0,4290/mcfscan.cab

Pieter,

I made these fixes and rebooted, but I was hijacked again a little while ago. I have the Norton Firewall up and running on a fairly high level of security. Is there anything else I can do?

I am enclosing the HighjackThis Log made after I made the fixes.

Thank you in advance.

Alicyn

12. Pieter_Arntz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.