Look'nStop ?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Rilla927, Sep 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

When you read through this forum you see all the choices when it comes to different software. I was @gkweb and seen the reviews for all the FW'S. Supposedly Look'nStop has the best Outbound packet filtering.

Just curious as to why you hardly here anything about people using this FW?

I see your top FW'S of OutPost and ZA, but never here a mention of Look'nStop. :)

2. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

Have you checked the Look´n´stop forum here? OP and ZA dont have forums dedicated to them here at wilders, so thats probably why you see them mentioned so much in the other forums.

3. Rilla927

I didn't even notice there was one, but thanks :D

Last edited: Sep 26, 2005
  4. waters

waters Registered Member

I use it.Its very light,easy to set up,does its job.Maybe other firewalls are discussed here because they are new,new version,problems,also lots of posts about how heavy they are.With look n stop its easy to set up,then forget.

5. Rilla927

Hi Waters :)

I'm very interested in this FW. It really was my first choice because of the excellent packet filtering. But I noticed I couldn't find many users or info on this program. Is it really that easy to set up? I have been looking around to see what kind of support I can find in order for me to use this product. Is there any compatibility issues? I think it's at v2.5 now.

I went to Look'nStop site and thought they would have a link there for a forum, but I didn't see anything like that.

Do I need to call my ISP to get all the server address? What type of other info would I need, if any?

I read about this FW @gkweb. I'm just surprised more people wouldn't be using it, or maybe they are and I don't have a clue.

I have a FW through my router and I stealthed all ports and blocked all pings, would this conflict with Look'NStop to work properly?

Whatever information you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you :D

6. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi Rilla927,

As mentioned above, the Look'nStop support forum is here at Wilders (above in the forum index). There aren't many posts in this section about LnS because this is the "other" firewalls forum. Other as in every product except for LnS, which has it's own dedicated forum sections here.

Have you checked the LnS section here yet?

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28

7. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

Hi Rilla927,

I have being using it for over one year now and I just forgot I had a Firewall. It is very easy to install and configure, just install the Enhanced RulesSet and that's it.

I also have a Router with a built in firewall and I have no conflict whatsoever.

If you have any questions, come here at Wilders and Frederic (the programmer) himself will answer your questions. :)

Also no conflict with NOD32, Ewido, PG, RegDefend, Spyware Blaster, Spybot, Ad-Aware.

All the best

8. Rilla927

Wow! It was right under my nose and I never knew it. That specific part of the forum I have never been in, thanks LowWaterMark and Antartica, that's great! ;)

I don't know how I missed it, sorry guys!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.