Look'n'Stop blocks all after some time

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by phagenauw, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phagenauw

phagenauw Registered Member

I'm trying Look'n'Stop but the strange thing that happens is that the firewall seems to work ok for the first hours of work (nothing wrong!). After a few hours (it differs) it droppes every connection and blocks eveything. Unloading (exit) the firewall and restarting it makes no diference. Only a clean boot will solve the problem and i can work with it for a few hours again. I'm running Windows XP SP2 on a Dell D820 Laptop. Look'n'Stop log shows mainly UDP: Any other UDP packet and TCP: Any other packet, even when the detail of the packet shows that it is actualy only http (outgoing traffic); which shouldn't be blocked i suppose. Any one any suggestions??

2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Maybe your PC is starting to use local ports over 5000.

Standard rules allow the local port to be between 1024 and 5000. After being connected for a while, it may happen some ports beyond 5000 start to be used (especially when using P2P).

By looking at the log you will see if this is the problem or not.

Frederic

3. phagenauw

phagenauw Registered Member

Sorry (been on holliday ... :cool: I think you are right. I changed the rule to include higher ports and again i have connection and even if my PC is running for some time. ...And yes i'm using P2P programs... Thnx!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.