Looking For Secure Operating System ???

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Ranget, Jul 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

This is inherently not user-targeted though. In order to do these thigns you need a 3rd party to come in and say "here's how you use this computer." And that's not what the typical user wants.

I think it's possible. Like you said, Apple got close. But they've long since strayed from their roots. I think security is just overcomplicated, stop throwing things on an OS to secure it and start removing things.

2. Baserk

Baserk Registered Member

Ah, Python reference! Now don't I feel silly for not getting that...
    But all of a sudden, Mongolian wodka for Soviet high party receptions doesn't seem so out of place anymore. :) I can already hear four yorkshiremen talking about such luxury.

3. FlimFlam

FlimFlam Registered Member

Sometimes the answer is right in your back yard my friend. Don't buy anything, stop listening to the corporations. Open Windows and look within. There are many threads on this forum that describe proper configuration. See, I've already saved you $35.00.

4. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

I thought it was NT ? Anyway, they are not trying to copy, but improve & make it a Lot more secure, straight outa the box ! I only listed it as another example of a non MS OS.

@ Kevin McAleavey

Monty Python = :D & don't forget Fawlty Towers too ;)

Re -
    It must be well hidden, as i couldn't see it ? :p Got the link please :thumb:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  5. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Both. I wonder if anyone else validated that.

6. Kevin McAleavey

Kevin McAleavey Security Expert

FWIW, we're not a corporation, but Microsoft is. And they charge a whole lot more than $35.00 for a fully decked out machine. Just sayin' ...

7. Kevin McAleavey

Kevin McAleavey Security Expert

Manuel! Oh Manuel! :)

I shouldn't ruin the hunt, but if you look on the bottom of any page, there are two text links in the bottom light blue bubble there. It's one of those. Heh.

8. FlimFlam

FlimFlam Registered Member

Fully decked out machine. Gee, I didn't know they charged for hardware too. I thought that was just Apple. :D

If you know where to look in Windows, you can lift the hood, remove a few covers, adjust the settings with a small screwdriver and it's bye, bye malware. Just sayin' ...

Oh just a second, let me check my wallet....yup the 20, the 10 and the 5 are still there.

9. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

From the web site:

"Please bear in mind that ReactOS 0.3.13 is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is not recommended for everyday use."

This one is not really a practical choice or alternative. I don't know exactly how long it's been in "alpha" stages, but I'm pretty sure it's been at least 5 or 6 years now.... Seems to be going nowhere very slowly...

10. CloneRanger

@ J_L :thumb:

I know, i know, i know ;)

RE - light blue bubble

Thanks i'll take a look :thumb:

11. CloneRanger

@ Kevin McAleavey

Re - TV interview with you & Nancy.

The link was more than well hidden, it was on a completely different www :p

Anyway i found the WNYT-TV clip, & now you can proudly proclaim "As seen on TV" ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.