Looking for founts of knowledge about Outpost Firewall Pro

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by loungehake, Nov 15, 2017.

1. loungehake

loungehake Registered Member

I have a couple of questions about Outpost Firewall Pro 9.3 and wonder if there is still anyone alive out there who possesses relevant useful knowledge.

2. trott3r

trott3r Registered Member

Just ask away someone will chip in.

3. loungehake

Thank you trott3r.

I use Agnitum Outpost Firewall Pro 9.3. I have woken up belatedly to key logging and screen and clipboard logging protections in Outpost's Anti-Leak facility. I wish to prevent such loggers being active in web browsers to further ensure that my private data is not exposed through the web browser. If I block key, screen and clipboard loggers for each browser executable in Application Rules, will that achieve what I want?

I am assuming that the loggers I wish to be protected from work within the web browser processes.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  4. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Can you perhaps post a screenshot of these settings? I believe that this setting will block apps/malware from the ability to monitor keys, screen and the clipboard. But as a second line of defense it's best to use keystroke encryption, as offered by SpyShelter and KeyScrambler, just in case.

5. loungehake

Thank you Rasheed for those comments. A second opinion is valuable. KeyScrambler has a free 'Personal' version which protects keyboard use in web browsers which I wished most of all to protect. I would not not have known about it but for information provided by you.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  6. Disney

Disney Registered Member

Outpost Pro does protect against what you are asking about. You do not need something else UNLESS it makes you feel better. As for protection, you are certainly protected already. Hope this helps

7. Rasheed187

Yes correct, it does have a freeware version, forgot about that.

The thing is, I believe this feature in Outpost will alert you about apps trying to hook the browser. This means that if you make the wrong decision, you're not protected. Tools like KeyScrambler automatically protect against hook-based keyloggers, no user decision needed.

8. loungehake

Thank you Rasheed187 and Disney. Those thoughts are very helpful.

I will recognise the meaning in the Outpost message boxes with the clues I now have.

9. trott3r

trott3r Registered Member

I use zemana anti-logger for anti keyboard logging.
    Runs alongside OPfw fine for me.

10. Rasheed187

BTW, you might want to check this out, just for info. It's proof that "keystroke encryption" is pretty effective. But keep in mind that it won't protect against banking trojans who use other methods.

You need Zemana or SpyShelter to protect against this, but I'm not sure how well they will perform against the newest banking trojans. I did test SpyShelter against the SSL-Logger (which isn't available for download), and it did successfully block it from monitoring the browser.

https://www.raymond.cc/blog/keystroke-encryption/2/
    https://www.raymond.cc/blog/what-is-the-best-anti-keylogger-and-anti-screen-capture-software/2/
    http://teaminfo.biz/SecurityTests.html

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.