Looking for an on-demand av virus scanner

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by cyberlost24, Sep 28, 2015.

1. cyberlost24

cyberlost24 Registered Member

A GREAT educational post....thanks

2. cyberlost24

Well I decided to give Avira PC Cleaner a try,so went to Avira,s site to DL it, BUT could not find it anywhere on the site.....or else it is extremely well hidden (for me) :(
    Are Softonic/Cnet/Softpedia the only sites that have it available for DLo_O?.....(there are others,but didn,t mention them)...I hate not being able to DL from the Vendors site....especially for this type of product....
    Also is the latest version available 13.6??

Thanks

3. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

4. cyberlost24

Hey there.....Thanks for that link....I was on Avira,s site earlier looking at the DL,s section but it wasn,t showing up for me......but now I have it!!!

Thanks for ALL the help...:D

5. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

You're welcome :)

6. RJK3

RJK3 Registered Member

Can be a hard tool to find, but I did link to it in my post ;) Just had to remove the hyphens since it's a direct link to the executable.

-http://install.avira-update.com/package/pccleanerwebloader/win32/en/avira_pc_cleaner_en.exe-

7. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

those programs just need the IE engine to show their UI or results inside its program. normal usage. if you uninstall those GUI components from IE you will have for sure snafu.
    glad you are some vendors still support XP? yes, glad you can be. if vendors offers older versions, ok, but most of them are going to drop outdated OS. for the mass XP ist outdated, dont get updates and has lot of vulnerabilities,. there exist not any software to fill that gap. support paying (expensive) enterprises use own environements for this old windows the differs complete from home users.
    only available als online-installer/downloader. that prevents usage of outdated files/definitions and malware hooks.

nice list from RJK3.

HTH

8. ArchiveX

ArchiveX Registered Member

You are welcome! :thumb:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.