looking for a sandbox prog-non sandboxie or returnil

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by hello2007, Dec 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hello2007

hello2007 Guest

im looking for a good free sandbox program. They are hard to find. I know about sandboxie and returnil but they cause problems so im not looking for them

2. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

3. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

4. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

5. hello2007

hello2007 Guest

thanks guys, you really know your stuff here at wilders. Here i am thinking sandboxie and returnil and bufferzone are the only options. I decided to go with safespace and the program seem's great so far

6. 1boss1

1boss1 Registered Member

7. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

8. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

No doubting the quality of SD ;)

@ 1boss1 + hello2007 Safespace isn't being actively developed anymore but I've found it to be very stable :thumb:

9. hello2007

hello2007 Guest

dammit. I was really liking safespace too. So how long untill i need to ditch it since its not being supported? or are virtual sandbox's good forever?

10. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

Shadow Defender sounds a lot like RollBack RX from its description. Could someone tell me how it differs? If you have to reboot the PC to return to a clean state why not use RX?

Also, there is a current thread on a program called BufferZone which sounds like the right program for the job and its currently free - or was - as a promo (see the thread in question for more info). One of the things I like about it is the ability to enter and exit the protected state without having to do a re-boot (unlike Returnil and SD). Must say though I have not tried it but I intend to if the promo code still works by the time I get around to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.