Looking for a new web browser

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by roger_m, Nov 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

`
    Thanks for the link. I've just installed it and after looking at the settings, it seems it will do everything I want. I haven't tested memory usage yet, as I'm currently using Windows 8, and the task manager shows less memory information than Windows 7. However when I get time, I'll reboot and use Windows 7 and have a look.

The first time I ran it, it froze, but after I killed it via task manager and restarted it worked.

For anyone who's never head of this, it is worth looking at.

2. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Just had a peek at this browser and it looks interesting.it can accomodate chrome extensions etc.I would be very interested to know what it is like on memory usage etc.
    Thanks for the heads up on this browser.:thumb:

3. dogbite

dogbite Registered Member

I have just installed Opera and I am working to get rid of Chrome. There is a glitch with McAfee Viruscan console which makes things a bit uncomfy (to start Opera I need to deactivate Scan), however I find it a great browser.
    I have installed it in the USB mode in a Truecrypt partition, therefore all data and emails (I also use it like email client) are protected.
    Since I am going away from big G services, now I also need a new email account to replace Gmail and Opera offers that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.