Looking for a good dedicated 2003 server forum.

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Close_Hauled, Aug 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

Can anyone recommend a good security forum for Windows Enterprise Sever 2003.

I realize that Wilders is the best user related security site. I need one that is specific to administrators. I have to migrate (reluctantly, kicking and screaming, cursing and spitting) over to Windows 2003 from Novell Netware.

2. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

3. Close_Hauled

4. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Was it the web interface you did not care for? Would using a news reader make a difference for you?

Regards,

CrazyM

5. Close_Hauled

You know me, I ain't no noob. But I could not configure the news reader to save my life. I tried using Mozilla, but I could not find the configuration settings on Microsofts site. So I tried using the web base portion of it. I wanted to post a question about Windows Server security vs. Netware. The forum catagories were overwhelming. I could not figure where to post.

I tried clicking on one of the news:// links, but it brings up Outlook Express, not Mozilla. When I manually enter the address in Mozilla, the connection times out. My proxy settings are correct, so I don't know where I am going wrong.

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

7. Close_Hauled

8. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I just hit the link you posted and Agent came right up. You might try downloading Free Agent.

You also need to look in IE for your default newsreader app. Change to what you want to use.

Firefox looks there for your default program locations.

I might mention, my ISP provides a newsgroup feed. If you don't have that, you may need a provider.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.